The Grand Conjuration

The Jungle

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2006
In the song The Grand Conjuration, has anyone noticed the whispering voice starting around 7:50 and stretching up to about 8:36? As it gets to the end there is more than one voice I think. Does anyone know what they're saying? Or can anyone at least tell what it is that they're saying?

Actually, someone mentioned in the Backmasking thread that if Opeth did it we'd (probably) all love it.

I never really thought about it before, but those whistpers sound reversed to me. In which case, no I don't know what they're saying.

Maybe try reversing the track?

^Yes you would, because they are satanic messages warping your mind and subconsciously making you a servant of the dark master. :rolleyes:

Opethian666 said:
^Yes you would, because they are satanic messages warping your mind and subconsciously making you a servant of the dark master. :rolleyes:
yeah! what that guy said.

Yeh theres whispering there playing backwards for sure, dunno what it is though

it is really strange...The first time i noticed that i thought that it was a smart trick of the band but then i saw an interview where Mikael told that in the album where voices that he was pretty sure he didn't hear at the recording session and gor that the album was named like that

do we know what are those voices telling??:ill:

I once reversed a song I made and slowed it down and the result sounded better than the original :erk: :erk: :erk: