The Great American Looting (of Peace) of 2020

CiG

So Long Suckers
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
Decided to make this thread specifically to post and discuss footage related to the rioting and looting taking place surrounding the murder of George Floyd. Instead of flooding the News Thread with links and discussion on this topic, just do it here (or don't).

Mostly wanted to do this because I see a narrative forming and gaining traction that the looting taking place is mostly (or entirely) being done by white people. While I agree there are many whites involved, after watching a good deal of coverage on the looting it's obvious to me this is a stupid lie. In all the videos I have seen so far the looters have overwhelmingly been non-white.

I'm talking about looting in particular here, people trying to break into stores or people who have broken in and are filmed fleeing.

I'll be posting videos related to this subject in here.

I know there's some video where a black guy stops a looting white guy saying "STOP THIS, THIS IS OUR COMMUNITY, ETC" to much online applause, meanwhile several other black guys are seen running out behind them with handfuls of clothing, no one stopping them. :lol:

Seems kind of 1 sided don’t you think? How about all the police brutality? Extremists on both sides can be shitheads. I choose to stay out of it for the most part.

Thought about making a Rioting & Protests Themed Mixtape Game

Outside of FOX there aren't many pundits on the right defending police brutality, last I checked. More people killed in these riots than all unarmed black people killed by police last year, btw.

Seems kind of 1 sided don’t you think? How about all the police brutality? Extremists on both sides can be shitheads. I choose to stay out of it for the most part.

Thought about making a Rioting & Protests Themed Mixtape Game

Did you not read my first post? This thread is to share videos that contradict the growing narrative that the looting is mostly white people. What does police brutality have to do with that?

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
tbh I think if we're going to have a thread related to the George Floyd riots, it should encompass all aspects of it. Otherwise we're going to just have two (three if counting the Mort) George Floyd riot threads.

People can discuss any aspect of it in here if they want, just know I'll be dropping vids on the looting. Not sure what the fuck Baroque is on about but if he or anybody wants to talk about police brutality there are plenty of places to do that, including this thread if they're really desperate to do so.

I'm more and more seeing it all over the place, it's hilarious. Lord Jamar in my OP is pushing it and everybody in the comment section is agreeing. Mark my words by the end of this the carnage and chaos will be handwaved as "white people did that shit."

My early childhood home was near a golf course and my bros and I would loot old golf balls that had been lost. We even got yelled at by some old maintenance guy once who said they were still golf course property and demanded that we give them to him (we ran away). If we were black we'd have been shot. I now recognize my privilege.

Reactions: CiG
I don't want to know what you were doing with those golf balls.

Mostly just collected them. It was like Easter Egg hunting only more klepto. We had a sort of currency system too where rare brands and non-white balls (e.g. yellow balls) were worth more, probably a form of unconscious racial fetishism manifested in our white bodies by a patriarchal white golf culture.

Reactions: Bloopy and CiG
tbh, I'm starting to think the media has a point about the protests, things are calming down a lot. This is the most peaceful decapitation of an elected leader I've ever seen: