The holy grail for PC users, push button reset

A big LOL @ every clueless Windows user who thinks he has to reinstall or even format his HDD every time he encounters a problem he can't solve in less than 1 hour and doesn't even know what a "safe mode" is...

My XP installation is at least 6 years old (disk cloned to the new HDD recently), i maintain it by cleaning the registry from time to time and by not doing any stupid things (like installing shady software, browsing the darkest side of the internet and getting a virus) and the PC runs without any problems at all.

NOOOOOOOOOO, i want to spend three fucking days reinstalling windows and all my software, data etc. !

A big LOL @ every clueless Windows user who thinks he has to reinstall or even format his HDD every time he encounters a problem he can't solve in less than 1 hour and doesn't even know what a "safe mode" is...

My XP installation is at least 6 years old (disk cloned to the new HDD recently), i maintain it by cleaning the registry from time to time and by not doing any stupid things (like installing shady software, browsing the darkest side of the internet and getting a virus) and the PC runs without any problems at all.

!!!!

Get Windows 7 if you have the cash (although I'm sure you would have by now if you didn't mind windows xp). I had XP for the longest time and sure I didn't have to wipe my HDD everytime I encountered a problem (safe mode and malware bytes usually took care of the billions of viruses I got) but there were plenty of times where I couldn't do anything other than wiping my hdd (Windows "rot" for example).

Honestly though, I installed Windows 7 over a year ago and I haven't had a single problem with the computer being laggy, viruses or even a single incompatible plugin (and I'm running 64 bit). It is just 1000 times better. Not a single BSOD either, that was a common occurrence when I had XP (due to my interface)

Windows rot.

I just defrag, uninstall old programs, and don't do stupid shit... In the rare case I get a virus or trojan, I just immediately system restore to the previous day. Not sure why we need this feature.

I just defrag, uninstall old programs, and don't do stupid shit... In the rare case I get a virus or trojan, I just immediately system restore to the previous day. Not sure why we need this feature.

unfortunately most people don't know what disk defragmentation is. This really doesn't apply to people who are fairly knowledgeable about how to maintain a pc (most people on this forum) but I figured its great for people who aren't (although I think they should just buy a mac). There is a guy at my work who is our web developer, he believes that deleting a shortcut icon uninstalls a program :loco:

Also it is nice to once in a while wipe you HDD if things are just too messy and cluttered

!!!!

Get Windows 7 if you have the cash (although I'm sure you would have by now if you didn't mind windows xp). I had XP for the longest time and sure I didn't have to wipe my HDD everytime I encountered a problem (safe mode and malware bytes usually took care of the billions of viruses I got) but there were plenty of times where I couldn't do anything other than wiping my hdd (Windows "rot" for example).

Honestly though, I installed Windows 7 over a year ago and I haven't had a single problem with the computer being laggy, viruses or even a single incompatible plugin (and I'm running 64 bit). It is just 1000 times better. Not a single BSOD either, that was a common occurrence when I had XP (due to my interface)

Unfortunately Win7 drivers for my soundcard are in beta stage...

Sure i could just install the new system on one of my old unused HDDs to test if everything will work, but for now i am just too lazy to do that when nothing really big forces me to do the upgrade.

Unfortunately Win7 drivers for my soundcard are in beta stage...

Sure i could just install the new system on one of my old unused HDDs to test if everything will work, but for now i am just too lazy to do that when nothing really big forces me to do the upgrade.

Completely understandable