THE IRON MAIDENS Guitarist NIKKI STRINGFIELD Releases 'As Chaos Consumes' Single, Video

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Los Angeles-based guitarist Nikki Stringfield (THE IRON MAIDENS, FEMME FATALE) has released a video for her new single called "As Chaos Consumes". The song is Nikki's very first original track to feature her vocals. "As Chaos Consumes" was produced and engineered by Brad Jurjens, and it was mixed and mastered by Jesse Billson. Bass and additional guitars were laid down by Brad Jurjens. As a member of THE IRON MAIDENS, the world's first female tribute to the legendary band IRON MAIDEN, Stringfield told National Rock Review last year that she has been a fan of the British heavy metal legends as long as she could remember. "My parents both listened to MAIDEN, and my dad would play a few songs with his band," she said. "I remember the first song that I heard was probably 'Flight Of Icarus' or 'Wasted Years'. My dad would be passing music on his computer, and so I would put that on a CD, and I've been listening to it ever since." In a 2016 interview with Playing With Chaos, Stringfield admitted that she was tired of getting asked the question "What's it like being a female guitarist?" because, she said, "'female' shouldn't have to be thrown in to things like it's a huge factor. I think the industry is finally opening up to women in rock/metal and there are a lot of talented musicians stepping up and getting the recognition they deserve, not just because they're female, but because they're badass," she explained. "I'm starting to see a decline in people asking me if I'm the singer or someone's girlfriend, which might be a sign of progress. [Laughs] But in all seriousness, I think it's great for young girls to finally be seeing women guitarists out there in the spotlight because now they know they can do it too. It's all possible! Just practice, practice, practice and never give up. Try your hardest to learn to ignore any negativity and make sure you're always doing it for the love of music." Picture: Joe Schaeffer

Continue reading...