The Iron Maidens-Make South American Music History and Set New Ticket Sales Record

DRZ

The Management
Mar 13, 2004
For Immediate Release:
THE IRON MAIDENS
The World's Only Female Tribute to Iron Maiden

The Iron Maidens, the World’s Only Female Tribute to the legendary band Iron Maiden, recently returned from their South American debut tour where they not only helped break ticket sales records but made music history as well. Selling 6,000 tickets in the first 12 hours for the Gillmanfest-Barquismetal 2011 Venezuelan Festival they beat out previous ticket sales title holders METALLICA who held the record at 5,000 tickets sold in 2 days. The Iron Maidens also made music history by being the first and only all female metal band to perform on Venezuelan soil. Twice during The Iron Maidens performance festival promoters stopped their set because the crowd of 40,000+ concert goers broke through the security lines. Finishing off the festival night,The Iron Maidens joined former Judas Priest/Iced Earth and Yngwie frontman,Tim "Ripper" Owens, on stage for 2 songs, "Breaking the Law" and "Flight Of Icarus".

To see video footage of The Iron Maidens with Ripper Owens go to :

Last edited by a moderator:
absolutely, i was there!!!
im one of those 40.000+ people who sing, cry, jump, enjoy, applaud and love you girls here in gillmanfest... i have no words to describe it, i always wanted to be on a maiden`s show and you girls made it possible, this has been the best experience of my life, and i cant wait to see it aggain!!! i sing and applaud as hard i could to show thankfulness, respect and enthusiasm as it should be to a masterfully performance like the iron maidens`s show that night.

i buy the cap of the iron maidens and i wait at the merchandise store afther the show coz you sayd you will come to sign autographs for us, but i understand that was impossible make it safe arround of 40.000+ people, so next time, ill be there waiting for my autograph and to take a picts with you girls, i love you girls!!!

i live abbout 1 hour distance of the citty where the show was (barquisimeto), so i wake up early that morning (lie, i didnt sleep at all, i was wanting te night passed fast!!!), take a buss and go there, the sun was fking shiny and we wait untill the afternoon... the show started arround 6 pm (local time) and ended arround 7:30, and from that moment i cant stop of living it on my mind aggain and aggain!!!, the people was excited! singing, jumping, enjoying the show... abbout 11 pm when tim ripper owens call the iron maiden back to stage to jam Flight of Icarus i was like WTF, even more, now i can die in peace (joke, i want to see more shows of the iron maidens)

if you want to see some other vids here they are:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiOnCyApfP0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCd9wPo3oMM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

(sorry for bad quality)

oh and btw, if i had knew abbout wanda`s birthday i would had bring a big santa teresa rum bottle for shure!!! love you wanda, feliz cumpleaños! las amamos, vuelvan a Venezuela PRONTO!

Last edited by a moderator: