The Jacket

subskull

Mar 19, 2004
Deathland
Has anybody seen this? I don't know how this one got by me. But I recently rented it and and it's now on my 'favorite movies of all time' list. Soooooo good. Keira Knightley I love you! She was added to my favorite female actors list of all time as well. Notice how I didn't say 'actress' - which is retarded.

BTW....there might be a few of you who recognize the avatar and the fact that I haven't posted here in over a year. Long story short...I was held captive in a third-world country for spreading the gospel of KayoDot which caused rioting and social upheaval. I don't think it was on CNN though, since there are some very powerful political figures involved.

BTW x 2.....Love the new album guys & gal. Listening with headphones, it makes me feel like I'm floating in the ocean-which can be both beautiful and frightening at the same time....perfect.

xfer, yea I don't think it did very well at the box office which doesn't surprise me. It seems that people are more interested in spending their money on something like BIG MAMA part IIIIIII (Big Mama eats L.A.) rather than something that's actually interesting.

I had the impression when I saw the trailer that they gave away a big twist in the trailer. call it the "Negotiator" effect. but maybe that wasn't actually true and they revealed what I thought was a "twist" early on or something.

A lot of people compare The Jacket to Jacob's Ladder, which came out in, like '91 and totally blows The Jacket out of the water.

i have seen both and agree with the comparison, but I still like both. "The Jacket" does in fact seem like it's ripping off Jacob's Ladder a little bit, ESPECIALLY in one of the alternate endings which is basically the same ending as Jacob's Ladder. Anyway, i still liked it, but thought it was retarded that after Kiera turns her life around, the way her life is better is that she now drives a VW and sports a... fucking dreamcatcher? other than that, it was great, and bombed because it didn't receive a wide release, or if it did, it was only in theatres for like, a week.

I preferred The Machinist, to The Jacket. Same type of thing almost.

But yeah woop de doo. Neat little film there.