The Lars Point

Mar 4, 2002
If you've seen the Live Shit video for For Whom The Bell Tolls you'll know what I'm talking about. Near the start Lars excitedly stands up behind his drum kit and points to the crowd shouting "LOOK AT THAT!" I don't know why but it cracks me up everytime and has a place in my heart next to Jason Newstead's "Damn right we sell out [clap] every seat in the house" Anywho a friend of mine had a brilliant idea that if the Lars Point were to precede any video clip it would automatically make the following clip funny or if it was funny, funnier. I decided to test this theory out so tell me if its true. These are small clips, under 500kb. If you can think of a clip the Lars Point would enhance, post it here.

http://canadiantool.freeservers.com/larsbear.WMV

http://canadiantool.freeservers.com/larsgymnast.WMV

http://canadiantool.freeservers.com/larssteiner.WMV

Not to continue to hijack this thread but...this needs to be posted:

STacY.jpg

118.jpg

Steiner's a jackass. There's a big difference between the Frankensteiner and the 'rana, being.......gaaaah.

blblblblblbl....who's that? Is that Keibler?

Redhot said:
Steiner's a jackass. There's a big difference between the Frankensteiner and the 'rana, being.......gaaaah.

blblblblblbl....who's that? Is that Keibler?
I thought a hurricanrana was any kind of taking over wrapping the legs around someone's neck who is standing up right or on the turnbuckle, while the Frankensteiner was a takeover of that sort from the turnbuckle. Oh, and it doesn't include a head-scissors takeover. Sorry for my shitty description. Gawd am I glad I quit watching that shit. I really have no clue what I am talking about.

Frankensteiner was – unless I'm mistaken – a takeover from the mat, not the turnbuckle. You run up to the guy (who is standing), plant your legs around his head and do a backflip, pulling the dude with you.

I always thought a 'rana was done while swinging your body to the side (the way Eddie Guerrero and Lita do it).

Wrestling sucks now. The writing has hit an all-time low, and there's little if any innovation...in the ring or on the mic. At least Chris Benoit is the heavyweight champ now, like that means anything these days...

Redhot said:
Frankensteiner was – unless I'm mistaken – a takeover from the mat, not the turnbuckle. You run up to the guy (who is standing), plant your legs around his head and do a backflip, pulling the dude with you.

I always thought a 'rana was done while swinging your body to the side (the way Eddie Guerrero and Lita do it).

Wrestling sucks now. The writing has hit an all-time low, and there's little if any innovation...in the ring or on the mic. At least Chris Benoit is the heavyweight champ now, like that means anything these days...
I'm completely confused on the moves, and it doesn't help that some announcers have no idea what to call moves. :erk:

Is Benoit the true world heavyweight chamption (old WCW/NWA belt) or the WWE belt? The WWE belt is meaningless. (at least David Arquette never held it, but Vince MacMahon did...:Smug: )

Benoit is the WWE World Champion...it's the old WCW belt (the big gold one), but I think they changed its actual title. It's no longer the "WCW World Championship" but the "WWE World Chapionship." So it is physically the same belt, it just has a different name.....and yeah, I'm trying to forget the Arquette fiasco. That was awful.

But Benoit is the champ, which is nice. Guerrero, in case you haven't heard, is the WWE Champ. It's great that these two workhorses finally get to shine in the spotlight, even if it is a little late. Basically all I watch these days is the main event. It's difficult sitting through a scene where McMahon or Bischoff try desperately to emote. I'd rather stick a fork in my eye....

jdelpi said:
I can't stand the "who controls the company" stories. so fuckin' lame.

Oh, tell me about it. They keep centering around these stupid storylines, even though it's obviously hurting their product. I don't get it.