The Leper Affinity and The Funeral Portrait

shivering corpse

Ty Cobbb
Sep 20, 2002
smileville
www.geocities.com
To me, these songs don't get enough credit.

One of the best opeth moments, to me, is the part in the leper affinity..."deafening shrieks pierced the niiiiiiight! ooah!"
i love that part so much

but even more, The Funeral Portrait. I never see anyone talk about this song. I'm not saying it's the best Opeth song, but I think it's a really great song. I love the solo at the end after the melodic part (and it's a fine melody).

It's not my favorite Opeth album, but I love the sound on that album so much. The guitars are so loud and clear and huge sounding

Funeral Portrait ROCKS!
That song has the grooviest riff ever... I love it when it breaks down into the punk-ish sounding part where Mike goes "Rain washed clean of the siiiiiiiiiinnsss...." It makes me want to get up and slam into whoever is nearest to me!

Originally posted by shivering corpse
To me, these songs don't get enough credit.
One of the best opeth moments, to me, is the part in the leper affinity..."deafening shrieks pierced the niiiiiiight! ooah!"
i love that part so much

No i like that part when I fall off my chair when he's holding that note soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long and I start squirming.

:p

That melody at the end of the Leper Affinity is amazing... But my favourite bit from BWP is definitely the clean vox "chorus" of Bleak. That has to be the most addictive and powerful chorus I've ever heard. I wonder if Mikael can sing it that well live...

Originally posted by rustymetal
Yes! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Oh Yeeessssssssss!
And especially when he...
heartpump.gif
finally
heartpump.gif
LETS
heartpump.gif
GO
heartpump.gif
of
heartpump.gif
that
heartpump.gif
note.. OOOOOoohhhhHHHHHH!!
ylinlove.gif

malelovies.gif

as-drool.gif

Call me an Opeth fanboy, but in all honesty, I would say my top three most listened to songs ever since I have gotten into Opeth are:

The Drapery Falls (my single favorite song)
The Funeral Portrait
Deliverance (yeah yeah - downloaded - so what?)

I like a lot of music, but the above epitomize my musical tastes as of today.

Originally posted by redblueyes
Oh Yeeessssssssss!
And especially when he...
heartpump.gif
finally
heartpump.gif
LETS
heartpump.gif
GO
heartpump.gif
of
heartpump.gif
that
heartpump.gif
note.. OOOOOoohhhhHHHHHH!!
ylinlove.gif

malelovies.gif

as-drool.gif
Not forgetting the "OOAH!" afterwards... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Call me an Opeth fanboy, but in all honesty, I would say my top three most listened to songs ever since I have gotten into Opeth are:

The Drapery Falls (my single favorite song)
The Funeral Portrait
Deliverance (yeah yeah - downloaded - so what?)

I like a lot of music, but the above epitomize my musical tastes as of today.
You Opeth fanboy.

Oh c'mon, someone had to do it ;).