The LIVE thread...

e.g. I'd recommend you the Samael (reign of light) tour much, but it just finished yesterday.. :) I've seen them in Pratteln (CH), and it was great!!!! Good sound, show, nice pictures projected behind them.. and after 12 years pause, last night I bought a metal-t-shirt again! :headbang:

I also recommend the band who played before them: Dagoba. Similar style and they were really good! (French, I think they are) They moved, jumped a lot in synch.. but none of them would match the bassplayer of Samael, who were all the time moving in a 3 meters circle, jumping like doing aerobics to a double-fast rhythm.. I was laughin at him even after seeing it for an hour.. I cannot imagine that he's not on speed or something...
:hotjump:

I saw Samael in Vienna and it was amazing! last gig I saw was this weekend some of my friends played in Innsbruck... and the last bigger gig I saw was Atrocity, Leaves Eyes, Battlelore and Darkwell in Innsbruck and Salzburg... quite a lot of tours for the moment :)

Samael confirmed 5 extra shows with German chartbreakers Oomph!
Dates are as follow :

11.12. Bamberg - Forum
12.12. Freiberg - Tivoli
16.12. Bremen - Aladin
17.12. Trier - Messeparkhalle
19.12. Mannheim - Capitol

...And a belgian show :

18.12.2004 Vosselar - Biebob

my last gigs were..
Evergrey and Mercenary at Biebob last week..
was ok, but expected Evergrey to be a bit more progressive.. Mercenary was very ok, melodic death band from danmark

Monsoon and Thoman :headbang: at the Cahier also last week
they played for an empty club... :ill: but the music was great!

you really have to check this band out btw www.toman.be sounds a bit like mogwai, explosions in the sky .. great band..

Last gig I went to see was that of Psychopunch and Union Youth cos I'd won freebies.
Most memorable gigs within the last couple of months were those of Garish and Secrets Of The Moon. Both musically convincing and very atmospheric in their own special way. Wow. :worship:
I had wanted to see Samael as well, but since my one and only constant concert companion has gone to Australia, there was no one who would've joined in. So I stayed at home. I hate going to concerts on my own. :yell: Oh well. Anyway. :Smug:

@Driesje: Mercenary and Evergrey are great live bands. Saw Evergrey on Graspop and Mercenary here in Berlin at a kind of Danish/ Nordic metal fest in September. Very energetic, powerful. Excellent. :kickass: