The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Atavism

I like it a lot! It's not exactly "more of the same", but not too different either! 2nd solo sounds like something off of Traveller, first one just fucking kills!

WHY CANT YOU HANDLE BEING FREEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?1!!111

ALRIGHT!!! They got that Irish bounce back! Not that I didn't love Traveller, but:

Twilight of the Idols >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Traveller

One Inch Man said:

Fuckin VARIETY man, that's the key to Twilight that Traveller lacks. It still kicks the fucking ass, though!

FUCK, this song (in my np) is awesome! I know it's a cover, but is the original this good?

Oh, this is a cover? What's it called / who it be by? EDIT: Well I see the name now. :tickled:

I've listened 3 times in a row now, fuckin' rocks.

I meant "The Wizard's Vengenace" (my np), not the new track, you oaf!

It's a cover of Legend (US) from their 1979 "From The Fjords" album, that's supposed to be ridiculously rare but is being re-released on CD soon! I'll be checking that shit out for sure, the song rooolz!

Like I'm supposed to know what this song is called, it just says slougfeg.mp3!

One Inch Man said:
Like I'm supposed to know what this song is called, it just says slougfeg.mp3!

Oh man, I'm an idiot, it's called "I will kill you/you must die! (or the mechanism for what we so arrogantly call 'natural selection')", if memory serves me well!

*Downloading now*

That LEGEND(US) is a fucking GREAT album!!!!! I will definitely have those instock when Monster gets done with them. I have a few different things coming from Monster in a couple weeks.. LEGEND(UK) Double CD.. KILLER KILLER KILLER!!! , (re-stock) MANILLA ROAD - Mark Of The Beast, SLAUTER XSTROYES - Free The Beast (SX - Winterkill is temp. Out Of Print)

Holy shit, this is brilliant!!

[J - put away your bigotry and listen to this!!! It has the celtic/Irish bounce thing going....and those dual guitars...!!!]

:kickass:

One Inch Man said:
ALRIGHT!!! They got that Irish bounce back! Not that I didn't love Traveller, but:

No!! :D I think that Traveller is just a 'tighter' package :loco: you know, just clean and to the point - granted, it grew on me and slowly became my favourite.

It's almost as if this new material is a cross between Traveller and Twilight, which makes it outstanding!!!

Traveller IMO is their most focused effort to date. It's a really well put together package. It's like a KING DIAMOND album (not musically)... but it reminds me of how KING puts together his albums with a specific sound and formula... then he fine tunes it to perfection.

Twilight is also very good. There was a lot of effort in putting together that package as well. I think it took like 9 months to record that. It really comes down to personal taste because they're both classic in their own right.

JayKeeley said:
It's almost as if this new material is a cross between Traveller and Twilight, which makes it outstanding!!!
That's the vibe I'm getting, definitely.

I want to post in the Latest Purchases Thread Mk. II as LITTLE as possible, so I'm being EXTREMELY selective for the next year or so. But this one needs to make my secondary list at the very least. :dopey:

Definite:
Nine Inch Nails

Probable:
Meshuggah
Slough Feg
Manes

Listen to it 8 more times, that's about what it took me and I really liked it from the beginning. It's the guitar leads and Scalzi's voice, along with Hammers, Slough Feg just has that truly fluid nature to both aspects that make me get all gooey down below.

Nothing tops The August Engine though, 100% o_O moments on that there bittle ottle.