The lowest six-string guitar tuned song in the history of AndySneap forum! Dropped F!

Widekmusic

Apr 18, 2009
Poland
Hi guys!

Check out my new song called "Ultra Genesis" I think it's the lowest song played on the 6string (not baritone )

Strings : 10-52 d'addario
Guitar: Schecter Demon 25.5"
Bass: Trilogy
Drums: Steven Slate EX 3.5
Ampsim: Peavey 6505 moded, 6505+ Tonestack and 12AX7 / ECC83 Triode (Sovtek) Tubes.

Mp3:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4703635/Widek - Ultra Genesis.mp3

Video:

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool tune man. Can't comment on the mix as I am listening on my laptop, but it sounds decent.

i'm not a fan of revalvers 6505 model, it sounds fairly muddy to me (even given the low tuning.. aha).

still, you've done good with this!

thanks,

your fingers on your right hand are doing some funny stuff man!
couldnt pay attention to the music or anything cuz i was distracted by them. sorry :/

I'm completely healthy guys, sorry for my "fuck you" finger, if someone can't pay attention (it's little weird to me) please download the mp3 file, because this thread is not meant to comment on my hands Please focus on the song, thank you! :)

Nice tune dude - heavy as hell.

I'm curious how you get such a convincing bass tone out of Trilogy. Any chance you'd be able to post this track (or a little clip) with the guitars muted? I'm also really curious what you are doing to program the bass track itself - piano roll, real time with midi keys?

Bobby

The notes are way too undefined. The composition is pretty cool though!

You need to switch to at least 12's or 13's to record guitars that are this detuned.

Also, I would work on your technique and try not to use your arm to pick so much. You ought to practice using your wrist more.

i'm not a fan of revalvers 6505 model, it sounds fairly muddy to me (even given the low tuning.. aha).

still, you've done good with this!

thanks,

It kicks incredible ass, by far the best one out there, but this is a horrible example.

Please use atleast 70's for that tuning man :D

U're probably holding your pick 'wrong'.
does the right side touches the strings first?
U should try the left side, this way u're fucking up your thumb.
I used to play like that for years and suddenly realised I was hurting myself constantly. It took about a good month to get used to letting the left side touch first.
Right now I can still turn my thumb more then 90 degrees further than a finger should go.

Sounds nice mang! i can actually hear most notes here and that's pretty good for a mix with 010 strings, a non-baritone guitar and revalver in F tuning...
Try and put some cables on your guitar and see if that makes a difference.. cool song!