The Magnificent: new project with Circus Maximus' Michael Eriksen

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From www.melodicrock.com :

"Circus Maximus singer extraordinaire Michael Eriksen and Finnish producer/guitarist Torsti Spoof (Leverage) have decided to join forces together in a new band project under The Magnificent moniker. Other musicians scheduled to appear on the album include Kalle Torniainen of Brother Firetribe on drums and Pekka Lampinen of Leverage on bass.
Songwriting is well underway and sees contributions also from Pekka Heino (Brother Firetribe, Leverage), Tomppa Nikulainen (Brother Firetribe), Tuomas Heikkinen (Leverage) and Sami Hyde and others. Soundwise the album will sound like a cross between the heavier approach of Leverage with the hooks and melodies of Brother Firetribe. The recording will be completed during the winter, with Frontiers looking to release the debut album after the summer 2010."

This release worries me... after all the mediocre releases with Michele Luppi, I just don't see him in the same light anymore.

And I just can't think of a world where I'm not worshipping Michael Eriksen :'(

This release worries me... after all the mediocre releases with Michele Luppi, I just don't see him in the same light anymore.

Huh??? Michele Luppi is no Michael Eriksen.

Doesn't matter what Eriksen sings, it's going to be great whatever it is, (we can overlook a couple of songs Eriksen recorded on the "Kens DoJo" project that had horrible production), but the songs he recorded for Aeon Zen where great.

I'll be shocked if the next CIRCUS MAXIMUS release isn't OFFduhHOOK YO.