The Maiden BB just fell over again!

TP

Apr 17, 2001
USA
Visit site
rolleyes.gif

These technical problems on the Maiden BB start to get on my nerves.
Sanctuary should really think about switching to another server provider.

The Navigator said:
I could be mistaken, but I think they actually own the servers themselves. I think it's time for a complete overhaul.

Agreed - there's a couple of tossers over ther that keep blaming the software, but vBulletin has absolutely fuck all to do with it. I've seen boards with over a 100,000 members with 600+ online at any time, all up and working well. :Smug:

dreamwatch said:
Agreed - there's a couple of tossers over ther that keep blaming the software, but vBulletin has absolutely fuck all to do with it. I've seen boards with over a 100,000 members with 600+ online at any time, all up and working well. :Smug:

plus the Bruce BB is down now, too. Totally different database.

I have no idea what's going on over there or what the techie hierarchy is, but if it's anything like the newspaper here, the IT department is run by people who are over their head, but still know more than the people who pay them. Therefore their job is fairly secure as long as they're good at spouting techno-babble their bosses can't understand.

Techie talking out of his ass and trying to preserve his job: "Yes, I know the website goes down every Friday night, and I can fix it, but it'll cost 100,000 dollars."

Boss who doesn't know better: "Um, okay. We can't afford that, so do the best you can."