The Metal Press

One thing that stroke me as quite weird was to see that the German Metal Mags here cover a totally different range of bands and styles than the ones in the UK.

Madrigal.....How true....magazines like Kerrang, Metal Hammer, Rock Sounds etc are truly hopeless at covering anything other than the latest baggy-trousered band to come out of the USA.

I seem to recall sending a copy of our demo to Rock Hard back in January....but didn't hear anything further.

BNC......I've skimmed through a copy of Pit magazine in Tower Records over here......seems like a well organised mag although the issue I saw seemed predominantly death/black metal

Originally posted by Madrigal
One thing that stroke me as quite weird was to see that the German Metal Mags here cover a totally different range of bands and styles than the ones in the UK.

You pick up things like this here and there....the new ManOwaR album hits #1 in the German Metal charts, BLAZE also did wonderfully well in Germany...it doesn't surprise me much that the German mags are covering completely different bands to the British ones...considering we're the nation that invented Heavy Metal, we sure let our standards slip over time. Maybe it came from following American fashions too closely or something, I don't know. You're getting this kind of thing on the street all the time as well, a few days back I had an acquiantance of mine try and tell me that Slipknot are "rock'n'roll".......