The Mojo Collection

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Anybody else have this book? A buddy of mine got it for me a few years ago, it's a very extensive look at their greatest albums of all time, separated by decade. Quite a few nods to metal, including Slayer, Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc., and the reviews and information is impeccable. Apparently Mojo is a British music magazine, I had never heard of it before getting this book.

900+ pages with about as many reviews, I go through it and find obscure albums I've never heard of to purchase every few months too. Highly recommended.

NAD said:
Apparently Mojo is a British music magazine, I had never heard of it before getting this book.
Yeah, I know the magazine, not the book. I've seen it being sold in the US too. I'm not sure about now, but certainly when it was first launched, it specialized in classic rock: Hendrix, Stones, Van Morrison, Zeppelin etc. I remember it being strong on details and tid-bits.

With regards to the metal albums the book mentions, are they the first releases for Slayer, Maiden, and Metallica? I'm just curious because they 'technically' can be considered classic at this point just because they're more than 20 years old.

P.S. It's funny, if you want to hear Maiden on the radio here in NY/NJ, you have to dial into the classic rock station - even if they're playing the latest release! :D

Yes, the most impressive aspect are the multiple nods to obscure artists, many of which are prog.

Master of Puppets, Reign in Blood, and Number of the Beast if I remember correctly, but it does have a section dedicated to the 90s as well. Just missing Alice in Chains and Tool, but that's forgivable, their majesty will be revealed to all in time. ;)