The moment I lost ALL respect for Vince as a man...

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
By now most of us have seen the VH1 special, "The Remaking of Vince Neil" and those of us who are (were?) Crue fans have been tested to our limits. Geezzzz. And some people thought it was bad when Metallica cut their hair??? I just wanted to voice my thoughts on what I believe to be the most bone chilling, gut wrenching, horrid thing I've ever watched on television: The moment in which I had to take a hard look at my youth, my present, and my future, and say to myself, "Oh yeah. I am ashamed to be a fan of Vince Neil and Motley Crue. I am ashamed to be a fan of hard rock in general...." The moment of which I speak with great agony is when Vince's "fashion stylist" is telling him how much weight he's lost and how these new jeans would really look good on stage...and that, "OH YEAH! YOU GOTTA ROCK THAT PANT!"

Oh my sweet freakin' Pete! I got chills just thinking about it.

Now Gene Simmons is gonna be on American Idol.

As Nikki Sixx said, "All of my heroes are dead."

Well, it's actually only going to get worse.

I have a dreadful feeling that the shows for the upcoming tour are just going to be dreadful. And here's why....

- as we all know, Vince simply can't hit the notes anymore
- Mick, due to his health, is questionable for the tour
- Tommy was recently quoted as saying "the new songs are wack" and that "they stink"
- Tommy & Vince venomously despise eachother
- at this time last year, Nicki was preaching about how great his new band is, only to have abandoned them one year later (Brides)
- yet ANOTHER greatest hits package is released, after the multitude of boxed sets. It's as if Nicki really wants to become Gene Simmons
- ONLY Nicki & VInce perfomed on the recording of the 3 new songs

It's blatantly obvious that this reunion tour is nothing more than a final cash grab, a last attempt to cash in on the former glories that were "Too Fast" and "Shout at the Devil".

Being that I love those two records, as well as the '94 Corabi album, I'm going to the Madison Square Garden show in March. At the very least, it's my way of paying homage to that period of my life when Crue ruled (1983-1984).
However, I FULLY EXPECT to be disappointed by the show. With my hopes already set so low, I can only be pleasantly surprised if they turn in a good performance.

VHI has been mocking metal for quite some time with their "most metal" and "least metal" countdowns. This appears to be the lastest blow.

SoundMaster said:
Frankly, I don't think he has the talent needed to make it on that show.

I wonder if any of the American Idol contestants will be singing "Beth"...

tedvanfrehley said:
By now most of us have seen the VH1 special, "The Remaking of Vince Neil" and those of us who are (were?) Crue fans have been tested to our limits. Geezzzz.."

You pretty much screwed up when you made this post. See my "Ted" post. I felt similar when Metallica fell out of "true metal" but I realized later that was a blessing in disguise. To be honest...... if I thought you were the only one that suffered from antiquemetalitis, I would just spared the post and would have taken this up with a PM, but I am sure many non-regs here and lurkers here don't get into newer bands, so I made an example out of you. Trust me buddy.... it was to no harm. I just want everyone to realize "oldschool" metal doesn't die with bands like Motley Crue.

Bryant