The Mos Generator - The Late Great Planet Earth

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
lgpe.jpg

Arzgarth said:
Silverdale, WA’s best kept secret returns with a second album that shows a marked growth and an all around mastery of what it means to make intelligent, catchy hard rock. The Late Great Planet Earth finds this three-piece expanding on the bong rattling rock of their self titled debut. Animalsera Pink Floyd and some Kings-X style arranging. The end result is a groove-centric tale of apocalyptic destruction that explores the more intricate sides of traditional rock. There’s a ton to like with The Late Great Planet Earth. From seemingly out of nowhere, here’s another outstanding album. Mos Generator is definitely a band to watch out for, and this one’s definitely on the recommended list.

If you are into the first stages of bands such as Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath and King Crimson (and everything in-between) this is THE record you should buy and support!

Has anyone heard this album yet? The song over at Stonerrock is fucking AWESOME! :headbang: For only $9.99, I think I may take the plunge even though I have my plate full, although I'd have to order more than just this if I order from SR becuase of their S&H charges.

Check it out and let me know whacha think...NAD and Chromie should eat this up:

http://www.stonerrock.com/store/info.asp?item_num=ATH-3490

I'm only halfway through and I'd love to hear the rest of the album. Kind of funny though, the poor mp3 quality leaves the front man sounding a little Paul Stanleyish in places.

This is very much Pink Floyd metal. If the vocals are good I'm gonna be really sold...

EDIT: GAAHHEHEHAEEA :boner:

Funny I come across this thread as Ive been listening to The Mos Generator and The Rubes constantly last couple days.

Np: The Rubes - The Ballad of Sisyphus Macduff (this album is so ridiculously gaymazing)

Ok Mr. Berube, got one for you:

Have you heard Suma's s/t?

I'm dling the track now to listen later in a stoned stupor, but here's the description on SR:

Arzgarth@Stonerrock.com said:
The easiest and best way is to say the Swedish group is an even mix of Kyuss and the Melvins, and even that doesn't really do them justice. This nine-song album is one continuous psychedelic, low-end rumble of riffs upon riffs upon riffs. There's a familiar desert rock vibe to these Swedes, but with considerably more crunch than the Dozers and Truckfighters of the world. On the longer tracks they have a knack for cutting loose with some hazy jams that drift up and out to another plane of heavy. The shorter tracks are more defined and direct, with a crazy-thick wall of distortion almost drowning out the vocals. In either case, the band knows how to lock into a groove.

Good thing these days I pretty much have the income to buy whatever you tell me to. And based on how its been going so far, I probably should :erk:

Not my bag but enjoyable. This is music that I would enjoy if somebody else put it on, but nothing I'd find myself reaching for. Got any kick ass shit like Solace to drop on our ears?