The myspace said to ask about gear, so here it goes.

espm1000

Jan 19, 2006
I have exchanged messages with pete I guess and would like to know if you all could reccomend an awesome amp to acheive a tone similar to the From Your Grave tone. I am sadly too poor to buy any kind of Framus or high end ENGL.

I am looking at a Peavey 6505, 6505+, Madison Divinity, or an ENGL fireball even though it is 60 watts. I hear the iternals of ENGLs are fragile and unrealiable though.

Thank you guys. P.S. as a street team member I will hopefully see you in Virginia Beach where I have been spreading your name around like the news does with avian bird flu warnings.

The tone on the "from your grave" is a mix of Framus Cobra and ENGL Powerball. As far as ENGLs being unrelaible, I havent really heard much about it. Tuse anps in general are fussy and fragile, if you baby them and do everything right they usually hold up well. I seen and heard of 5150s (6505s), Madisons and even Cobras crapping out after only a few show, its about being careful and lucky I guess. As far as getting that tone on a budget id say a Madison (boosted) would be the easiest, the peaveys are great amps just a bit too saturated and cold. Hope that helps!:wave:

Thanks man, you are the greatest! I have decided on the madison as it looks awesome as well. I heard the tone is more versatile as well!

espm1000 said:
Thanks man, you are the greatest! I have decided on the madison as it looks awesome as well. I heard the tone is more versatile as well!
Cool man, good luck and shred!!:hotjump: