The Neologist Melodic Death Metal - NEW Album Free

That's a lot of wonderful music for the price of free! :) I can't throw any cash your way, but I will repay you in another way [in a month]. I hear a lot of Soilwork influence, especially with your singer.There are times where the vocal layering and fx become too heavy and drown out the instruments. Guitar solos are sweet as hell! Good fucking job.

Appreciate it man...we're not in this for the money so keep your cash. Besides theres only two of us so...basically hobbyists.

Thanks for the feedback...I'm always looking for ways to improve since I do all the mixing and mastering myself, and really I find that more difficult than recording the music ha!

Actually the music is eons above most homegrown projects AND most contemporary melodic death metal, this is literally the most phenomenal melodeath I've heard from 2012. It's obvious how much work and love you've poured into it and it's kind of a bummer you can't or won't take the project outside of the internet. It would sound beastly live. I hope you promote the shit out of this album...

prostetnic: hell of a compliment...thanks again man

aviel: honestly we didn't think running out of downloads was going to be a problem based on our typical following of....no one haha. Let me look into getting this up somewhere

Songwriting, vocals, mix, guitar playing ... everything is phenomenal.
"In the Name of" is a killer song. Are you the singer ? The first verse juste after the intro !!! Humpfff !!! Awesome !

Do you mind sharing some info on the gear used ? specially on the vox, mikes, treatments ?

thanks dude! Very pleased you enjoy the tunes.

And yes, I'm the vocalist....and also guitarist/songwriter haha. There are only two of us in the band...if we can even call ourselves a band with two people?!? o_O

As for gear, I use the following:
SM7B microphone -> M-Audio Profire 610 interface -> pro tools m-powered 8
Signal chain on the screams is pretty straightforward:
De-esser (PT Plugin)-> EQ (PTPlugin) -> compressor (stage 1)(PT Plugin) -> compressor (stage 2) (PT Plugin)
Screams go to master fader and send to aux bus:
TLS Saturated Driver Plugin -> EQ (PT PLugin) -> Reverb (PT Pugin)