The New Alestorm - Black Sails At Midnight

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
fuckin hell, I'm just listening to the final masters and it fucking slays!!

James did the mastering on this one and he did a great job!
I gotta kiss my own ass a bit as well cause I gotta say the mix and whole production is far from being shit as well ;)

I can't show you anything yet (but will do so when the promos are out), I just wanted to share my excitement about this record, you all gotta buy it when it's out (April)....this shits all over the last one (songs AND production) and leaves a fat smile on my face ;).

sorry for this shameless self-promotion, I just wanted to vent some excitement and tell James in public that he did a great job....thanks buddy

thanks also to the big list of musicians that helped me out with this one (Trumpets, trombones, horns, cornets, bagpipes, violin, cello, Backingvocals etc)

fuckin hell, I'm just listening to the final masters and it fucking slays!!

James did the mastering on this one and he did a great job!
I gotta kiss my own ass a bit as well cause I gotta say the mix and whole production is far from being shit as well ;)

sorry for this shameless self-promotion, I just wanted to vent some excitement and tell James in public that he did a great job....thanks buddy
cheers Lasse, you did a cracking mix and it was my pleasure to master it :kickass:

"keelhaul that filthy land-lubber, send him down to the depths below... make that bastard walk the plank, with a bottle of rum and yo ho ho!"

yaarrr :kickass:

I forgot to post/PM/tell somebody - when I was in London over New Years, some INSANE guy at Trafalgar Square was drunk and smacking random people with a toy lightsaber, all while chanting...

With a hi hi ho and a hi hi hey
We’re hoisting the flag to be free
We will steal the show, Jolly Rogers go
We are wolves of the sea

Funniest/weirdest shit I've seen in my life.

Can't wait to hear it, the last one sounded awesome :)

Hows the band live since the line up change?
thanks,,,believe me, this one is sounding much better ;)
better overall balance and no keyboard/vsti-sounds (other than the synth solos of course)..all real brass etc.....pure epicness in boner-city

well, after the most recent change they're really tight again.Dani switched from Bass to guitar and Gazz (former Waylander) is playing bass now and doing a good job

Allright! i dunno in what line up i saw them play but i think that was just after gavin left i think... guitarplayer was kinda struggling with gavins parts it seemed, good to see that they are going strong.

And ah! waylander!..
Saw them this saterday at the winternoise festival, i was there with Heidevolk, also talked to Nadir from napalm who also knew you :)

Allright! i dunno in what line up i saw them play but i think that was just after gavin left i think... guitarplayer was kinda struggling with gavins parts it seemed, good to see that they are going strong.

And ah! waylander!..
Saw them this saterday at the winternoise festival, i was there with Heidevolk, also talked to Nadir from napalm who also knew you :)

yeah, Tim...he's out.
I Don't know Nadir that well, have only met him once, but he seems to be a really nice guy. I'm doing the majority of the interaction with Napalm with the other A&R.

The Alestorm CD is a VERY nicely produced piece of work, so if the new one is any better I'll surely be purchasing it :D

I'll also be seeing them live in Atlanta before too long.

not even the band got the final versions, so far it's only James and me (and soon the label)...I'll ask them if I can post some snippets as soon as the promos are out, can't be long from now.

Man that would bother me so much, not getting to listen to the final version of my own music :lol:

The Alestorm CD is a VERY nicely produced piece of work, so if the new one is any better I'll surely be purchasing it :D

I'll also be seeing them live in Atlanta before too long.

thanks, and yes, it is better ;)
ah, cool, so you'll be seeing them together with HALCYON WAY I reckon?

Man that would bother me so much, not getting to listen to the final version of my own music :lol:

well, the last EP got leaked before the promos were even pressed, so this time I had to (was demanded by the label) take any possible precaution

Didn't the band have something to say about wether the like the master or not before it get's pressed?
(I'm sure it sounds awesome it's just that I'd want to decide wether my music sound's the way it should or not...)