The new Cradle Of Filth record...

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
http://media.roadrunnerworld.com/CradleOfFilth/CradleofFilth-TheFoetusofaNewDayKicking.wma

I've just been listening to this track from Cradle Of Filth's new album, and I'm actually fairly impressed - the keyboards have taken a back seat to the riffage, Andy Sneap's mix has brought some more bite to the guitars, and the songwriting seems to be about as far removed from what Cradle used to be like as you can imagine them getting without renaming the band.

I was surprised, it must be said, that that Dani and the filthettes dropped the symphonics. It's what they were known for and they did it well, and it's not like they're taking huge leaps forwards in this one in terms of what they're actually doing... But still, I'll hope to hear the entire thing and see what it's like as a whole.

Wow, that does sound different! This is about as pop-metal as they have ever been. I'd be more than up for hearing the full album to be quite honest, I'm sure it will be very catchy and easy to listen to, albeit having a pretty short shelf-life.

Necuratul said:
This sounds like Children Of Bodom so far.

Bad heavy-thrash metal. Without the vocals I'd never have guessed if was CoF.

Considering Cruelty and The Beast and Dusk are the two albums that got me into Black metal, Ill def. give it a shot. I didnt care for Midian or Damnation and a Day. Nymphetamine was okay had some good songs but got real boring. CatB is still an awesome album i dont give a fuck what anyone says.

Conclusion: Cradle Of Filth now sucks in a way that they've never sucked before.

I'm actually kind of enjoying this. That first riff reminded me of Iron Maiden. Actually, I think there is a riff on Kreator - "Enemy of God" that is almost exactly like that. I don't know what to make of this. Atleast I don't feel like barfing due to symphonic overdose.

i know it sucks without even hearing it.

you people that give shitty bands chances.......havent you learned yet?

Metal facts:

Metallica will never release another MOP
Blut Aus Nord is a waste
Slayer will never repeat RiB in its overratedness
CoF will never release anything truly worthwhile

J. said:
i know it sucks without even hearing it.

you people that give shitty bands chances.......havent you learned yet?

Metal facts:

Metallica will never release another MOP
Blut Aus Nord is a waste
Slayer will never repeat RiB in its overratedness
CoF will never release anything truly worthwhile
Rob Darken will never have sex with J.

:Smug:

Impudent said:
I'm actually kind of enjoying this. That first riff reminded me of Iron Maiden. Actually, I think there is a riff on Kreator - "Enemy of God" that is almost exactly like that. I don't know what to make of this. Atleast I don't feel like barfing due to symphonic overdose.
Correcting myself. It's a riff from "Violent Revolution" from the song "Replicas of Life". This CoF song is kind of cool, but it seems really generic, like they took parts from other songs and just pieced them together.