The New Drug Addictions

Anvil

Brain Bubbled
Jun 2, 2004
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLwovxj-j3Y

This is some real bullshit. Definately worth watching....

I can see it now. All those stupid news-loving soccer moms are gunna be going out and calling video games the "new drug". Jack Thompson must be loving this.

"SCARED SOCCER MOM": "OH MY GOD!! VIDEO GAMES ARE THE NEW DRUGS!!! I SAW IT ON THE NEWS, SO YOU KNOW IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!"

Although thats not on the video, that'll be the reaction.

Yeah, true bullshit, especially when they say those people didn't contact in the room even when their playing together. Its bullshit, cause I'd sit in a room of 3 people all taking turns playing Soul Blade and DOA2, and we'd sit, yell at each other, and even get up and physically assault each other.

Gaming is great for the brain, especially as far as problem solving, memory and improving hand-eye coordination goes. They even encourage surgeons to play video games a few hours each day for just this reason.

The disassociation that occurs when gaming is no different than that of say, watching a movie, reading a book or doing a homework assignment. If you agree with their conclusions, you must also conclude that too much homework could potentially create a similar negative response in the child.

EricT said:
Yeah, true bullshit, especially when they say those people didn't contact in the room even when their playing together. Its bullshit, cause I'd sit in a room of 3 people all taking turns playing Soul Blade and DOA2, and we'd sit, yell at each other, and even get up and physically assault each other.

HAHAHA!!!That last thing you've said should convince all that worried mothers to not forbid their kids to play those games:loco:

No time for mans best friend!!!!
Well he better grow some thumbs and grip that controller cause I'll GET FUCKING FURIOUS!!!!!! IM COMMING DOWN OFF MY HIGH AND I NEEDS ME SOME MARIO ACTION IN THIS SHIT MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!

I just dug up my old SNES (I wanted to play Mega Man X) and saw that the controller was full of teethmarks. I think games work as an outlet for frustration, instead of creating it.

I love how they think that video games cause people to ignore homework and such, when (for me at least) its that I am avoiding doing my homework so I hop on the computer. Without my games I would just come up with something else to do to avoid my homework.

you would never hear anybody under the age of...30 saying "video games are the new drug"

I'M NOT IMPULSIVE MOTHER FUCKER!

Wolftribe said:
I can quit whenever i want to.

Fact.

although you have to admit that it probably depends on the games that you're playing. Kids who play nothing but tony hawk or counterstrike are probably not going to get the same mental stimulus as say, a well written adventure game built around solving puzzles.