The new Marilyn Manson is heavier than the new Metallica...

Heh, I wasn't going to bring it up but Golden Age of Grotesque is in my top 10 this year, and this year is a VERY strong year for metal. :)

I've always liked his vocals, menacing and whiny at the same time, but they never annoyed me.

NAD said:
Heh, I wasn't going to bring it up but Golden Age of Grotesque is in my top 10 this year, and this year is a VERY strong year for metal. :)

I've always liked his vocals, menacing and whiny at the same time, but they never annoyed me.

It's definitely the best album he's released since Antichrist Superstar. And yes, I did like Holywood.

What happened with Twiggy though? Why isn't he around? They were the core of the group.

Twiggy left the band and joined A Perfect Circle. He's definitely one of my favorite songwriters, I'm curious to what him and Billy Howerdale may create with APC...

I think Twiggy is dating Aria Giovanni. I could be wrong. Lucky bastard, if he is.

An interesting note: Marilyn Manson was banned from at least one Ozzfest date, while Cradle of Filth hasn't been banned from any yet.

Manson's set at Donington was very tame for what you might expect. I was glad when they cut him short by half an hour because it seemed very going-through-the-motions. The bisexual fanboys in the audience were lapping it up though :p

npearce said:
I think Twiggy is dating Aria Giovanni. I could be wrong. Lucky bastard, if he is.

dude, I think it's the guitar player john 5 or johnny 5(?)

twiggy used to date kate moss...

I liked holywood cause of it's dark, pseudo-gothic overtones and the bowie-esque ballads...I havent heard the new one...is it the same direction?

Here's Aria Giovanni, if you don't know who she is.

aria-giovanni.jpg

She's a slut... bongggg...

@iconbertone: the new one is like a tighter version of Holywood, and less pretentious (if you can believe that! :D ).

JayKeeley said:
The abs not tight enough for ya?! ;)

Too fucking rightously :( and I need to see a willy dangling somewhere before I'm convinced :p

By the way, I read your report on the Donnington gig over at PQ HQ - pretty :cool:.

S'it ok if I copy my story from the PowerQuest forum over 'ere, and embelish it with anecdotes when necessary? :)