The new Metal Hammer

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
The Biomech boys have made the cover of the "Incoming" section. Nice!

Here it is... (a big round of applause for Matt C :))

MH_Biomech_incoming_June.jpg

I've just read the interview in MH

and well John has become a Greek/American singer/guitarist :lol:

that was cool to be in metal hammer but why did they slate devildriver saying they are a nu-metal band. it shouldn't have anything to do with coal chamber plus their new album is fucking metal and fucking heavy, why the whole nu-metal thing i didn't quite understand

Not true really. Nothing nu Metal about this band, but then there's nothing too great about them either to be honest.

the problem is that the singer was in Coal Chamber and sometimes it seems musicians aren't allowed to shake off their past and try new things like fans are able too. People tend to forget that musicians are just fans with their own record out, and their tastes are as liable to change as the next guy. It's a bit like Maclauly Culkin trying to be taken seriously as an adult actor when everyone only remembers him as the kid in Home Alone.

Hey TheSinner just to let you know we had a great time with Devildriver,
The thing on MH was the closest description that came on the night as some drum patterns and guitar rhythms were reminiscent of some heavier nu-metal stuff but it wasn't taken as a bad thing. Nu-metal is not necessarily only Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park (and it's up to anybody to like these guys). There have been some fucking heavy stuff coming from bands of that style.
That's why it was mentioned as 'kindda nu-metal' as a description, not as an attempt to put them down.
Man there is no reason to slate the guys. They were fantastic with us and fucking awesome on the night!