The new ROME album kicks my dick in!!!

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
Achtung: Pinkage ahead!

flowers.jpg

Flowers From Exile (Trisol Records 2009)

1. To A Generation Of Destroyers
2. Accidents Of Gesture
3. Odessa
4. The Secret Sons Of Europe
5. The Hollow Self
6. A Legacy Of Unrest
7. To Die Among Strangers
8. A Culture Of Fragments
9. We Who Fell In Love With The Sea
10. Swords To Rust-Hearts To Dust
11. Flowers From Exile
12. Flight In Formation

After releasing three albums on Cold Meat Industry now Rome releases its first album on Trisol. Those who are fans of Rome's previous releases will not be disappointed.

Some of the album tracks here.

Never fell for those guys. The spoken vocals ruin it all for me, same story with H.E.R.R.

Have you heard Die Macht Mooselord? Probably my favourite project in the style by now. Unspectacular but deeply involving.

I have no idea who any of those other bands are either.

Edit: Oh I lied, I looked it over again and I see Kirlian Camera just above these guys. They rule too, although certainly not the kind of band I'd recommend on RC.

The rest I have no idea.

yep strange bill, apart from Kirlian Camera and Rome all those other bands (those i've heard of anyway) tend more in the goth electro/power electronics category. I wonder what Rome are doing there in fact.

The only thing I can think is that Trisol is making them play a goth fest since they're a label that cater to that crowd?

Kirlian Camera is also on Trisol so maybe.

This will be my album of the year, has me hooked in all places for weeks. I feel indebted Moose, without you I'd have kept discarding Rome as another half-baked Triarii-like band. :oops:

This will be my album of the year, has me hooked in all places for weeks. I feel indebted Moose, without you I'd have kept discarding Rome as another half-baked Triarii-like band. :oops:

This is definitely album of the year.

Triarii and this band have very little in common, except for both being categorically lumped into the whole mass of post-industrial artists.

The lyrics are a very important component in that kind of music. Have you listened to this combo-band between the Triarii guy and Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio? I found it rather boring.

wait is that seriously arial black

i refuse to listen to albums with typography that bad