The new song! Please critique...

RogueSpirit

Wannabe Guitar God
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Ok the new song is up at mp3.com. It's called "The War Within" and features just me, my guitar, and now a keyboard. The production should be much better this time around and IMO the songwriting as well.

And without further ado,

www.mp3.com/Eisengrim

All comments are appreciated...even the "you suck, learn to play" comments. Enjoy!

From what I could hear (about halfway through), before my computer decided to be a bitch:

It was good, but the guitar part seemed a little repetitive.

I'll listen to it all when my computer is better, then I can make a real, valid comment. :)

I definintely like it, I do agree with Jayde, it is a tad repetitive, but I'd assume with other instruments in there it wouldn't be so. I don't play any instruments (yet, i'm actually saving up for one :D ) But from a listeners standpoint it is very good, How long have you been playing? The keyboard at the end makes it sound like a SNES rpg, good nostalgia (I know that probably wasn't your intention though :confused: )

I've been playing about 2-3 years. Although I wish the first one didn't count since I spent my first year playing punk covers when I should've been playing harder stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions people...keep em coming! :)

For the record, my friend lent me a Final Fantasy soundtrack that week, so you can see where I got some inspiration. :D

lol, so you did get it from RPG's :p :eek: :p
I'd assume playing punkcovers AT LEAST helped your playing technique if nothing else. Is it difficult to learn the actual PLAYING, as in where your fingers go and what fret/string you "pluck" or whatever you call it? Would I need to take lessons, or could I figure it out over internet guides (I like learning stuff without leaving my house :D )

If you're going to take guitar, take lessons...trust me on this one. And learn as few cover songs as possible while learning theory and soloing technique. If you learn a cover make sure it's fairly difficult for your skill level.

Playing punk songs actually made my playing more sloppy since I could just play power chords and hold my guitar weird and do sloppy bends.