The new Voivod album.

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Im kinda surprised no one talks about this album. I think it is damn good- not as warped, and crazy as they use to be, but their songwriting has matured. The cover of King CRimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man is damn good- with guitars replacing the saxes in places.

Which album are you talking about? Wasn't the cover of 21st Century Schizoid Man on Phobos?

Anyways, yes, I love the new CD. Great, straightforward rock music. Not as weird as their past releases but still quite good.

21st Century Schizoid man was indeed on Phobos.

I'm a HUGE Voivod fan, and I also really like the new record, but it was a bit of a disappointment for me. It's probably my least favorite album by them. Some of the tracks are excellent (Blame Us, Gasmask Revival, Rebel Robot, The Multiverse) but some are kinda weak (Les Cigares Volants, I Don't Wanna Wake Up). It's more "rock and roll" than Metal for sure, but still decent.

Check out this amazing site for some great rare Voivod demos, live boots, videos, etc. Blacky himself posts in the Forum from time to time and contributes to the downloads section as well.

www.voivodfan.com