Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mithras

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I've done a poll like this before . . . about a year ago.

Who is going to be the next big star . . . and WHY?

I've listed bands that I think have a chance. I'm sure people will think of more, but you'll be wrong. I'm always right you know.

There's gonna be a poll? :eek: *excitement!* :D

I say DragonForce and PowerQuest...should be. But let's see the poll :)

I've never heard any of these bands. Well actually I've heard one song by Shadows Fall and one by Akercocke and both sucked to no end. Well actually now that I think of it I've also heard Mastodon and Dillinger Escape Plan. AND I DON'T SEE THEM BECOMING POPULAR

Dillinger, Shadows Fall, KSE, and Lamb of God are already pretty big, so I cancelled them, and went with Mastodon. THey have enough grovve where the average schmo can get into them, unlike COnverge and Watchmaker who are just insane, great music.

Killswitch Engage and Akercocke are the only ones I've listened to...well, I suppose Akercocke are making waves in the media :)

I also voted Mastodon. Dreamlord is right about Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, and Killswitch being pretty big alread.

HOWEVER, Converge has recently signed with Epitaph Records (I think that's how it's spelled). Anyway, it's a big label, but I just don't see them being accepted by a large audience.

Watchmaker was recently featured in Alternative Press, despite the bands near embarassment by this.

I also think Isis has a chance to become the next Meshuggah. In other words, Isis could possibly be accepted by bands like Tool and Deftones. While these bands have nothing in common with Isis, it could really give them a huge boost in album sales.

npearce said:
Watchmaker was recently featured in Alternative Press, despite the bands near embarassment by this.
Wow, that's pretty shocking. Good for them though. Does AP normally run features on metal groups? I rarely see that rag, let alone read it.

I'm pretty shocked by Watchmaker being in AP as well. What, with Good Charolette on their newest issue's cover.

On the upside, I finally found a Borders that carries Terrorizer, and will be purchasing a copy(with out the cd:() soon.
My vote is split between Mastodon and Isis. I'm leaning toward Mastodon though, because they're already in rotation on Headbanger's Ball as well as having a recent re-release of "Remission" in stores that's getting some press.