the non-metal thread!

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
OK all, heres the deal. Everyone has to list at least one artist that they enjoy, which is not even close to being metal, ie, no rock, hard rock, glam, heavy punk, or heavy music in general.
So basically, list the least metal of the artists that you enjoy.

Me first. I quite like The Cherry Poppin' Daddies. :D

there is quite a few but i just can't think off the top my head...

Nick Cave?

Shit this is a tough one!

Ummm.....Abramelin, Carcass, Death, At the Gates......oh shit I'm answering the wrong question.

Ok then:

Jamiroquai (a bit)
Ice T :) hehe well some stuff
REM

That's about it so far. I like lots of non-metal, but most of it is at least rock ie. Hunters and Collectors, and Midnight Oil.

I like lots of classic rock but thats pretty close to metal anyway.

I also though like lots of '80s pop. Not so much artists... but songs. Not just for comical value either but I reckon they are killer songs hehe. Stuff like The Power Of Love by Huey Lewis, The Heat Is On from the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack (I like heaps of songs on that), some Bananarama hahaha, some old school Michael Jackson, stuff like that.

I also have to say I like John Farnham's Whispering Jack album, it's excellent light sounding AOR stuff. Great choruses and production and guitar work imo. First 3 tracks rule.

And um... sometimes I dig a bit of '70s disco. Half for comical value but now I kinda actually really like it too haha. A bit of Leif Garrett, BeeGees, and some of the stuff on Saturday Night Fever rules haha!

I like some bluesy stuff too.