"The Northern Cold" - A Metal Podcast named after the WoY song.

Sweet! I'm gonna have to subscribe to this, have it automatically on to my iPod, give me something to listen to when I'm not sure what to throw on.

Hails everyone!

I am the guy behind The Northern Cold podcast and it's nice to see that Dave posted about it already. You do keep your promises, dude. :headbang:

Around the middle of December I was kicking around the idea of reviving my podcast (I ran one back in '06) and needed to come up with a new name. It was about -40c here in Calgary and I was listening to Woods III. You can probably guess how the name came about after that.

A question for those who listen to podcasts .. do you prefer the podcast to be run more like a radio show? ie: A "DJ" talking .. introducing songs, news, etc.

Or do you prefer to just have a bunch of songs strung together? More like a mixtape.

Personally I prefer the mixtape style as I enjoy listening to my own podcasts repeatedly and don't really want to hear my lame voice yammering on over and over and over again. :lol:

Anyways .. thanks again to Dave for not being pissed I ganked the domain name for The Northern Cold. :worship:

Enjoy!

Hails everyone!

I am the guy behind The Northern Cold podcast and it's nice to see that Dave posted about it already. You do keep your promises, dude. :headbang:

Around the middle of December I was kicking around the idea of reviving my podcast (I ran one back in '06) and needed to come up with a new name. It was about -40c here in Calgary and I was listening to Woods III. You can probably guess how the name came about after that.

A question for those who listen to podcasts .. do you prefer the podcast to be run more like a radio show? ie: A "DJ" talking .. introducing songs, news, etc.

Or do you prefer to just have a bunch of songs strung together? More like a mixtape.

Personally I prefer the mixtape style as I enjoy listening to my own podcasts repeatedly and don't really want to hear my lame voice yammering on over and over and over again. :lol:

Anyways .. thanks again to Dave for not being pissed I ganked the domain name for The Northern Cold. :worship:

Enjoy!

You SHOULD do it as a radioshow! introduce song names, recommendations, band news, new bands rising, shows, tours, guest appearance interviews, music related polls, music recomendation! keep it more canadian! :kickass:

I just subscribed to the podcast.

I don't think I would want a full on radio show, but I would like song introductions just so that if I hear a song I like I know who it is.