The Now Viewing Thread: (Film etc...)

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Two documentaries I saw recently that I really enjoyed + I recommend...

00001209.jpg

THE GRIZZLY MAN
http://www.grizzlymanmovie.com/

For those who don't know, "The Grizzly Man" is about an environmentalist type guy named Timothy Treadwell who documented his observations and interaction with wild bears on high end film for like 13 years. This documentary is a compilation of his footage as well as relevant interviews following his death after he was eventually killed by a bear. My description right here isn't very good, :lol: but seriously, look into this film for yourself...especially if you enjoy nature and landscapes.

btw - I wonder if Mark Coatsworth saw this movie before leaving on his arctic adventure.

wcrsbanner.jpg

WORKING CLASS ROCKSTAR
http://www.workingclassrockstar.com/

...about guys in metal bands with (and without) day jobs (featuting Strapping Young Lad, Arch Enemy, Finntroll, BloodShotEye, Tub Ring + many, many others) and about their lifestyles, how much money they make (or spend/lose) and why, oh why, we do what we do for metal. :kickass:

There's trailers you can view for each of these films on their sites. Check 'em out!

Been meaning to see Grizzy Man for while now looks really interesting. That other flick looks awesome aswell...

My Reccomendation is

Dead and Breakfast - cool low budget horror comedy

really dug this film its heart is in the right place!

Haven't seen anything new for a while, unfortunately. :( Last movie I watched was Me, Myself & Irene... heh.

It might sound like a bit of a cliche since I live in Japan (although not for much longer!), but I often rent Lost In Translation. Definitely one of my favourite movies.

Anyway, as for relatively recent horror comedies, Shaun Of The Dead was excellent. :D

Yeh Shaun of the Dead is in my opinion one of the best British movies ever made! :headbang:

FUBAR said:
Yeh Shaun of the Dead is in my opinion one of the best British movies ever made! :headbang:

Agreed.

For independent movies, I recently watched a few minutes of Crispin Glover's "What Is It?" independent film. I've NEVER been more confused in my life. You'd have to see the previews for yourself. It's just too damn weird for explanation.

The movie I've watched most recently is "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose." It wasn't as good as the hype made it out to be. It seemed like the most of the movie was Emily screaming.

Midnight In Winter said:
Agreed.

For independent movies, I recently watched a few minutes of Crispin Glover's "What Is It?" independent film. I've NEVER been more confused in my life. You'd have to see the previews for yourself. It's just too damn weird for explanation.

Ive heard about this. Didnt the films actors only consist of people with down syndrome?

You are absolutely right, FUBAR. Something like 90% of the the cast have down syndrome. Apparently, it's also part 1 of a trilogy. The previews alone are very weird and disturbing, and I'm not so sure if it is in the good or bad way.

When (or is it already) does the Working Class Rock Star film come out? I just watched the trailer and it looks to be a good film.

Have any of you all seen, "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey?" Cool documentary...

i've been watching a bunch of british gangster movies lately, my two favorites being snatch and lock stock and two smoking barrels, both directed by guy ritchie :headbang:

Smoof said:
Have any of you all seen, "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey?" Cool documentary...

It's showing at the Melbourne International Film Festival later this month, I'm hoping to go see it, even though I know I'll be yelling obscenities about the inclusion of crap nu-metal and other nonsense, heh. I saw a hilarious clip from it recently on YouTube, featuring Gaahl from Gorgoroth. ;)

Yeah, that was the lamest interview ever. The guy (Gaahl) seems like a complete and utter TOOL. Plus, IMO, Gorgoroth is just AWFUL... I couldn't help but laugh at the interview.

If you anxious to see the movie (I was, I could barely wait for it to be released on DVD here,) there ARE ways of obtaining it, if you're curious about seeing it early. Of course, I don't condone such action ;P

Also, the interview with Slipknot isn't bad. I don't really remember what they were saying, but it was typical nu metal ideals about rejected kids and angsty lyrics :D

But for the most part, the whole documentary is pretty good. The guy knows his metal decent enough.

I'm currently watching part of a docuseries (BBC, I think) called "Time machine" which has very well done computer generated images of how the Earth's landscape has taken form over the course of thousands/millions of years. You see mountains storming up, glaciers storming by and so forth. It makes for very interesting viewing, I have to say.

Mother Nature is the greatest power of all. Let it be known.

Lionfrost said:
I'm currently watching part of a docuseries (BBC, I think) called "Time machine" which has very well done computer generated images of how the Earth's landscape has taken form over the course of thousands/millions of years. You see mountains storming up, glaciers storming by and so forth. It makes for very interesting viewing, I have to say.

Mother Nature is the greatest power of all. Let it be known.

If you liked that, you might like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i6B7HzijSo&eurl=http://www.kotaku%2

Pretty interesting stuff.

The movie stations up here suck...

I just saw this really strange french film Called 'Calvaire'(The Ordeal). Kind of a backwoods pyschological horror very bizzare indeed...I loved it!