The obvious

DreQuick

May 5, 2003
California
Visit site
I didnt want to ask this on the metallica board, but after hearing rumors and watching the Metallica ICON...Is Kirk Hammett gay? Can anyone answer this for me, Eventhough his gayness doesn't affect his guitar playing, I was wanna know if my assumptions are correct. :lol:

I could tell you that he's married, but that doesn't really rule anything out though, does it?

I have no idea if he's gay or not (wouldn't surprise me) but you're going to get a lot of responses about him being gay whether he is or isn't, just because of the general distaste everyone seems to have of all things Metallica. Some people on this board are going to determine that he has to be gay, just because Lars is such a bitch. :D

Helpful, aren't I?

The "sound" of his voice tends to lead one to believe there's a possibility, but who cares? He rips up the fretboard regardless if he likes schwank over putang.

AlexStomp said:
Gay or not, what the fuck was he wearing???

If you didnt see the Metallica ICON, i'll fill you in on what he was wearing. James and Lars were wearing regular clothes, something non formal for that event. Trujillo was wearing a a grey suit I think. And Kirk, He was wearing a flamboyant all white suit, totally not matching with what the rest of the guys were wearing. Plus, they said how was all emotional when Jason Newsted left and he took it the hardest. But just cuz he hate poon doesnt mean he cant shred. No wonder he's gay, he has fast fingers.

..."Bottom'' line, no. I could give 2 fucks if he were, as long as ST. ANGER is as brutal as I've heard it is.
Now if it's LOADesque I will change my mind. I have the right like that.....

Basically, if he's smoking pole it will hurt their image
more than the music. But it depends on your core fanbase. Case in point. Freddie Mercury = pole smoker. Core fanbase - mostly english. They are way more laid back sexually than us so it didn't hurt the bands image.
Rob Halford = poles smoker. Core fanbase - mostly American. Went over like a lead baloon and he got replaced.
I still listen to the music, b/c it didn't affect the music.
I just think Kirk is melodramatic to say, the 20th power. That's suspect, but it doesn't make him
a jimmerjammer jockey.

GregadetH said:
Basically, if he's smoking pole it will hurt their image
more than the music. But it depends on your core fanbase. Case in point. Freddie Mercury = pole smoker. Core fanbase - mostly english. They are way more laid back sexually than us so it didn't hurt the bands image.
Rob Halford = poles smoker. Core fanbase - mostly American. Went over like a lead baloon and he got replaced.
I still listen to the music, b/c it didn't affect the music.
I just think Kirk is melodramatic to say, the 20th power. That's suspect, but it doesn't make him
a jimmerjammer jockey.

Priest replaced Halford because he is gay?