The official Gus Chambers Appreciation Thread

I had the chance to not only meet this guy but genuinely hang out with him and the band one time when they played in Philly. It was during a blizzard and only about 15 people came to the show but they still tore it the fuck up. Later went on the bus with them for drinks and just had a fuckin blast. Gus was so unbelievably funny, cool and just completely down to earth. Really is such a shame that this happened. A lot of people were saying in their comments on BMouth that they had just recently broke out an old Grip cd to listen to ... was the same for me. The whole last month I just decided to revisit my entire Grip collection and rediscovered some incredible performances

Total fucking shame, total fuckin loss

Damn. Sad. :cry:

I discovered Grip Inc. through a friend when Nemesis came out, and have enjoyed them ever since. I loved the power of Gus's voice and his intelligent, well-written lyrics.

A lot of people were saying in their comments on BMouth that that had just recently broke out an old Grip cd to listen to ... was the same for me. The whole last month I just decided to revisit my entire Grip collection and rediscovered some incredible performances

I put Solidify on my iPod about a month back, go figure. Those albums are underrated (and ridiculously well-engineered) gems, all.

DAMN! When I was 12 and bought my first drum book (the one by Dave Lombardo) it came with a CD that had some Grip Inc. on it and I've been a fan since and own all their cds. Rest in peace Gus, you friggin rule