The Official Sat. Headliner Suggest Thread

for the healiners forget iron savior and persuader...savage circus has been confirmed for a show in quebec city on september 16. But i wish a headliner like:

Edguy
Dragonforce
Rage
Helloween
Primal Fear

All of them would be great!

metalprof said:
Consider that the # 4 slot on Saturday night is held by a band with only two full length CDs under their belt. Threshold are veterans, who have been around for over a decade, with seven full length studio CDs. Granted, the bequeathing of this elusive "headliner" tag is based on more than simply counting CDs, but the combination of longevity, skill, name recognition, and proven ability to give an excellent performance would, in my mind, put Threshold at the top of Saturday nights line up.

So there. :)

l like the Threshold pick...their PPIII performance created a huge buzz for them. Their latest release did not however...even though it was pretty good.

Hopefully SymX. I'd hate for it to be a melodic power metal band, that would just leave me with only Wastefall as the only band to watch on Saturday.

RAGE. They have a new album out.

Devin Townsend's new one is AMAZING.

Symphony X has one comming out, and is a "safe-shot"

DIO - Would be KILLER

What about the likes of Joe Satriani or Steve Vai?

Genesis Original Lineup Reunion? I wish.

I almost wonder why none of the founding prog rock bands have never played, though not METAL, they definitely set the tone for this new generation of prog, Genesis, Renaissance, ELP, YES, all would go over well here I would think.

ICED EARTH with MATT BARLOW. Ripper Owens need not apply.

Porcupine Tree? RHAPSODY? I wonder what Uncle TED NUGENT is doing these days?

I dunno, I'm shooting out a lot of non-metal bands perse, but Im sure many of these acts would go over GREAT in this setting.

Just my 2 cents.

I've heard RUSH mentioned before... and we know they are too big for it (maybe), but wouldn't that be a nice surprise! Just something to ponder...

urinalcakemix said:
RAGE. They have a new album out.

Devin Townsend's new one is AMAZING.

Symphony X has one comming out, and is a "safe-shot"

DIO - Would be KILLER

What about the likes of Joe Satriani or Steve Vai?

Genesis Original Lineup Reunion? I wish.

I almost wonder why none of the founding prog rock bands have never played, though not METAL, they definitely set the tone for this new generation of prog, Genesis, Renaissance, ELP, YES, all would go over well here I would think.

ICED EARTH with MATT BARLOW. Ripper Owens need not apply.

Porcupine Tree? RHAPSODY? I wonder what Uncle TED NUGENT is doing these days?

I dunno, I'm shooting out a lot of non-metal bands perse, but Im sure many of these acts would go over GREAT in this setting.

Just my 2 cents.
You have some great suggestions, but I think that some of those would have to be in the "who would you pay extra to see thread". http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228853
Also some of those sound like they'd be at Nearfest more than PP!

Glenn, get to work on that Crimson Glory reunion again.:D

Doctor Butcher - with Zak joining them for some Savatage stuff.
Fates Warning
Masterplan
Saxon
Iommi/Hughes
TNT

Iced Earth - I'd prefer it with Barlow, but I don't think that's happening. Ripper will have to do. He's a quality singer, and I'm sure he'd do the older material just fine.

Symphony X - It's a by default kind of deal, but they they should have a new album out by then. They also would help put some of the Prog back in ProgPower.

Vanden Plas - They probably aren't a true headline type band, but given the conditions and lineup this year they would more than adequate. I would maybe consider moving VP to Friday night, and Evergrey to Saturday night. VP also would help put some of that Prog back in ProgPower.

Britt

urinalcakemix said:
Save that for Nearfest or something. I come for metal..not rock..

urinalcakemix said:
I wonder what Uncle TED NUGENT is doing these days?
I will shoot myself if that ever happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito
Doesn't even have to be EoS...just use Nightingale to perform it..the only one that matters is Swano...

I'll give this two fuck yeah's! ;)

After seeing Swano sitting on a barstool and reading off of a lyric sheet for PPII, l'm gonna reply with not just no....but hell no!

Kenneth R. said:
i'll give it 10.

See above. You prefer that over DT? Uumm...do alot of drugs do you?

Sorry, but Edge of Sanity/Nightingale are far better bands than Dream Theater as of late, imo.

different taste I guess, but I'm bored with generic prog metal.

Ascension said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito
Doesn't even have to be EoS...just use Nightingale to perform it..the only one that matters is Swano...

I'll give this two fuck yeah's! ;)

After seeing Swano sitting on a barstool and reading off of a lyric sheet for PPII, l'm gonna reply with not just no....but hell no!
1. He didn't have a barstool
2. See http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4522774&postcount=17
as I covered it last night actually

ascension said:
See above. You prefer that over DT? Uumm...do alot of drugs do you?
Jesus christ...how much Dream Theater cock sucking does there have to be on this forum? If you want Dream Theater so bad...just go to one of their many USA concerts and stop requesting them for PP.

Mosquito said:
Save that for Nearfest or something. I come for metal..not rock..

I will shoot myself if that ever happened.

I know Nearfest is the fest for that, but whats wrong with 1-2 bands that arent straight CHugga Chugga riffs and double bass?

I mean, dont you guys get tired of pounding double bass after a while?

Ted nugent's the man, he'd tear down the house!