The Opeth Thread

Androz said:
best opeth song ever: The Drapery Falls, GREAT song

No. To bid you Farewell, The Moor, Godhead's Lament, Face of Melinda, Serenity Painted Death, Bleak, The Funeral Portrait, Blackfuckingwater Park, Deliverance, A fair Judgement, Master's Apprentices, Windowpane, Closure, To rid the disease and Ending Credits are far better. :p :D

nice to see my other fav band alongside SyX getting a mention.. too many amazing songs to be able to pick a best. My fav's I guess though would be.. Still Life album as a whole, the concept needs to be kept together in my opinion.. and on other albums, Deliverance, Masters Apprentice, Windowpane, Ending Credits, BWP, Bleak, Harvest, etc etc etc. (see, too many to choose just one)

Ending Credits is really easy and fun to play on guitar. I played it with my guitar teacher on (I don't know how to say this in English) a little concert for friends & family.

Opeth are amazing, their use of acoustic guitars and Mikael's excellent clean voice in their songs are beautiful, while I enjoy their überheavy side too.

Still Life does need to be listened to as a whole. The only disc that I've played more is The Perfect Element. Two masterpieces!

I finally got to hear an extended amount of Opeth coming back from a concert with Opeth fans. I love the band, but sometimes it gets a little too progressive for my taste. A predictable resolution would be nice once in a while. Still, I can't deny amazing songwriting.

Yep, I like them a lot. I am not entirely sure what my favorite song by them is, but it is either The Drapery Falls, White Cluster, When, The Moor, or Deliverance. I tend to like best the songs which have an even mix of clean and growled vocals.

Personally I'm mostly only into Opeth's softer side, so my favorites would be To Bid You Farewell or pretty much any song off of Damnation. That being said, I saw them in concert a few months ago and it was pretty cool.

The Lamentations dvd is awesome. Superior sound quality. Can't wait for the live cd which I think is from the same show.

My favorites are: Deliverance, Master's..., Bleak, The Leper Affinity (not mentioned yet either), Serenity Painted Death, Moonlapse Vertigo, Amen Corner, Demon of the Fall.

I prefer their heavy side :worship: