the Oracles

paulhalford

New Metal Member
Apr 12, 2009
Hi
today I came across a Uk band called the oracle there ep is called the journey to the paths of light and heres what metalunderground said about it

9/10 - UK METALUNDERGROUND.COM

''You don’t expect to be blown away on first hearing a band, but The Oracles just ruined it for everyone, putting out ‘The Journey Towards The Paths Of Light’, the EP which puts all others to shame.

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/wearetheoracles#ixzz11iH2v1sd

the band have given me permision to post the download link which is http://www.mediafire.com/?b2w5bn3ta7fyu7n

Guys! thank you so much for the kind words, in this thread and some of the others. I havent posted on UM for a while so i decided id have a lurk when paul messaged me about posting the E.P here.

If only i could play progpower, but at the moment it is just me nerding out in my bedroom. With that said, i have been in conversation with a nice chap who seems to know a few musicians (which is more than me) that seem keen to bring this to the live environment for which it was designed. This was just an exercise to see if i could get myself a band together, but the response has been phenomenal so far, something i didnt expect. So, Thank you!

Thanks paul, the last thing i want is to be thought of a bedroom nerd just wankin' away on his guitar. Me and a bassist seem to be gathering some strong musicians, so we can soon take this shit on the road.

Ha guysssss, its such a nice feeling knowing that people give a shit. I better not fuck up the full length...

Another thing id like to mention, if you are interested in joining the ranks (drums/keys/guitar) please dont hesitate to contact me. Im particularly focused on the drumming position

it definitely is, i really need to buy some monitors etc. That said, i dont plan on recording at home again.

The Oracles have now had 2 Reviews in major magazines the latest issue of classic rock presents Prog (genesis edition) and Decembers issue of Metal Hammer uk both reviews have been very favorable also the oracles are now a full touring band and are Delighted to welcome some members to the table! On the drums we have the absurdly talented Mr James Stewart (Divine Chaos), on lead guitar we have the virtuoso Mr George McKenzie and oozin out the funk we have James 'Rambo' Pearce(stone Circle) on bass. :D

permalink.php

permalink.php

chris.nuelle