THE QUIREBOYS: 'Mother Mary' Video Released

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Mother Mary", the new video from U.K. rockers THE QUIREBOYS, can be seen below. The song is taken from the band's seventh studio album, "Beautiful Curse", which was released on June 24 via Off Yer Rocka Recordings. A single, "Too Much Of A Good Thing", preceded the full-length CD on May 15. The band's first CD since 2008’s critically acclaimed "Homewreckers & Heartbreakers" was produced and mixed by the legendary Chris Tsangarides (JUDAS PRIEST, GARY MOORE, THIN LIZZY), who promises a modern sound with old-school values.In an interview with Rushonrock, THE QUIREBOYS guitarist Paul Guerin stated about working with Tsangarides: "I didn't know Chris personally before these sessions, but, of course, I knew of him and all the fantastic work he's done in the past. Well, I thought I knew his body of work! But we were listening to [BBC] Radio 2 the other day and it seemed like every other song he'd pipe up and say he'd played his part in this and that. But more importantly he's a thoroughly nice chap. And he cooks us tea."THE QUIREBOYS are gearing up for an extensive unplugged U.K. tour which begins at the end of January. The intimate shows will include classic tracks, deep cuts and new material, with the band promising "surprises, banter and stories" along the way.THE QUIREBOYS' current lineup includes original frontman Spike Gray and guitarist Guy Griffin alongside Paul Guerin (guitar), Dave Boyce (bass) and Keith Weir (keyboards).

More...