The real genuine official Woods III discussion thread

chrisdoig24k

Boom King
Aug 24, 2006
Hellbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I know it hasn't come out yet, but if we could have one thread just for discussing the songs, art, etc.

From what I've heard, I think it sounds excellent. My personal favourite song might be 'Distractions of Living Alone' or perhaps 'Your Ontario Town'. How about you?

Dunno, it varies-- I can say that the top songs, imo, are "The Distractions of Living Alone", "Thrill of the Struggle", and "The Northern Cold".

I'm most curious to hear the complete flow of the album on my big stereo-- that'll be the true test for me...

^ Yeah. David has really stressed that it feels as an album, not just a bunch of songs thrown together, which is difficult to do, and even more difficult with over 70 minutes of material, but judging from what I've heard that won't be a problem. Albums always mean so much more to me than individual songs, and the songs so far are fantastic. I think my favourite song so far is The Thrill of the Struggle, its super catchy, yet super intense, the "my fire will burn..." part is great. I also absolutely love Distractions of Living Alone, some really great lyrics. This is definitely going to be a very interesting album, gonna be a ton to digest which is fantastic, will probably listen to it like 5 times in a row, once I get my hands on it, ha. I can't wait to get some real discussion going with you guys about it :)

I haven't listened to any of the new tracks, how are things clean/acoustic wise, a fair bit of them in songs?

I've listened to all the Tracks atleast once. With listening to the northern cold serveral times. Only because I don't want to trash all these songs and then when it comes time to listen to them. Don't really want to listen to them.
If you know what I mean. =/

Can't wait to hold it though.

I've listened to all the Tracks atleast once. With listening to the northern cold serveral times. Only because I don't want to trash all these songs and then when it comes time to listen to them. Don't really want to listen to them.
If you know what I mean. =/

Can't wait to hold it though.

I can't bring myself to listen to any besides "The Northern Cold".

Every time I go to listen to them, I close the browser as the song starts. I want to here the progression through the songs. It's hard for me to spoil something that I've waited so long for.

In a way, I envy you.

Yeah, I've kind of cheated. Though I haven't listened to Beast, and I think I listened to End of Tradition and Silence just once. And I forget Iron Grudge. So there's really only 4 tracks I think I know very well, Northern, Ontario, Thrill, and Distractions.

^ Haha, woops, sorry. The titles are long though, I got lazy. It'll all make perfect sense to everyone once we get the albums. And according to David he's getting the call anytime this week... and there's only 4 weekdays left, WEEE

Out of the songs that I've listened to my favorite is "Your Ontario Town". The first time I heard it it just grabbed me and hasn't let go. The same way "A Meeting Place and Time" and "The Ghost of Summers Past" did. The line "If your not dreaming anymore your already dead" is just awesome too.

Out of the songs that I've listened to my favorite is "Your Ontario Town". The first time I heard it it just grabbed me and hasn't let go. The same way "A Meeting Place and Time" and "The Ghost of Summers Past" did. The line "If your not dreaming anymore your already dead" is just awesome too.

Creepy. I thought pretty much the same thing about all three albums. I chose these songs because they have personal meanings in them (to me).

Great song choice :headbang:

In the three-plus years since the release of “Pursuit of the Sun, Allure of the Earth”, I’ve been extremely curious to see what Woods would put out next. Already on the eve of POTSAOTE, David Gold was talking of the next album in the works, with hints of Against-the-Seasons-ish blasting, more melancholy, and harmony vocals. Now, after more than a year of Myspace teasers, a demo track (The Northern Cold) on the latest “Fire Union” compilation, and a dreary (in a good way) track (Distractions of Living Alone) on a stellar Canadian metal compilation, the complete body of “Woods III: The Deepest Roots and the Darkest Blues” is finally, finally upon us.

In true Woods fashion, this album is yet another step—a lateral one-- another directional shift for the band. Sure, some of the blasting of the primal demo/EP is present, as is the moodiness of Pursuit, but there’s a bit more hook and melody this time through, particularly in tracks like “Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground” and the morose-as-hell aforementioned “Distractions of Living Alone”. “Your Ontario Town…” has certainly been beefed up with multiple harmonies since its early live-show sneak previews in 2005. Soaring clean vocal harmonies run throughout, with briefer variations of the bitter black variety. Lyrically, again Mr. Gold and company sing of experience, growth, loss, and strength-- against the setting of an Ontario winter. As has been the case with the previous two albums, this is a complete piece of work, flowing track-to-track, clean wail to triumphant scream, crunch to piano, loss to gain.

Simply put, another spectacular album from an exceptional band filled with growing pains, encumbered by the logistics of being a metal band with day jobs. The waiting (and waiting) has been worth it—quality metal dipping into many styles and influences.

The fire still burns, in-fucking-deed.

Yeah, how did you get your hands on it? Have they been mailed out? Cause that means I can probably expect mine soon... I sure hope so.

YOU BASTARD!!!!!

jk lol

I know the iron grudge, the norther cold, and your ontario town is a burial ground rather well. I listened to another track once but i dont remember which, i guess i'll wait for the album to come before i listen to others because it will probable have me drooling more...