The "real" new album.

Defiance

I vårens ljusa kvällar
Well, since the other thread was "a bit" dated, I thought it'd be ok to create a new one.

So, I can't wait to be honest :) :headbang: .

Origin is a great album mind you, but for me it doesn't feel like a "total" full-length album, perhaps because of it's longitude and/or it being acoustic.

Anyways, I really have "great expectations" concerning the new one, it is certainly very intriguing to see what direction the band will take (musically and lyrically wise) with the incorporation of the "new" members.

So, post your comments, expectations and fears :) .

To be honest, because it's Borknagar, I don't know what to expect haha. I mean Empiricism and Epic were similar but very different at the same time. And then Origin came along, and now it seems like they're gonna go in a heavier direction again, but I have no idea what sort of spin they are gonna put on it. I'm really looking forward to it though.

Yup, anticipating it greatly. As I've said before, Origin wasn't my thing, but I'm hoping the next one will be one I can appreciate as much as the other six albums. Oh, and I hope that there will be some sort of special package for the forum members :D

There's only one way Borknagar can go from here and that's up. The Line-up of Empiricism is re-established and that will make for great things. That album, whic think is their best along with TAC, felt extremly organic on many levels, songwriting, musicianwise, productionwise and so on. Epic lacked quite alot in that appartment. I don't know, but it felt like the songs on Empiricism was more rehearsed and developed by the band as a whole, while Epic had the vibe of a studioproject. On Empiricsim you can for exemple hear how well Tyr and Asgeir lock the bass and drums together, almost as if they had jammed together some of those jazzy parts.

Then Empiricism also had an extraordinary producion and I think Epic lacked quite alot in that appartment. The calm, acoustic parts sounded beautiful while the distorted once with grim vocals was rather blunt i think.

As for Origin, i simply love that album. I think it's very good. The arrangments and instrumentations are fantastic. Very atmospheric. They should dare to include acoustic pieces on their "ordinary" albums in the future.

As for the up-coming album I have no preconceptions or wishes for any specific direction. I trust the creative talent of these guys and I'm certain they will come up with mindblowing qualitystuff, also now that they are a complete band again. Hopefully they will rehearse their new songs properly this time and record the whole repertoire as a band. Well, one thing that i hope for is an improved production from Epic.

I think the production on Empiricism did the music a lot more justice than the production on Epic. Like Empiricism actually felt really really epic! Even though the production was fairly raw in parts on Empiricism compared to Epic, it actually made the songs really good. I mean you just can't beat The Genuine Pulse, it has a really magical quality to it I feel. I think Epic's production would have been better if the guitar sound had a little bit more treble on it. I also feel the guitars were slightly too low in the mix? But still an amazing album. I hope the production for the new album is somewhere in between Empiricism and Epic. Like if it had really clear quality like Epic did, but also had really raw guitars in some parts, that would work brilliantly!

5,000+ you mean.

In terms of production, TOD, TAC & Q are for the win. If Empiricism had Q's production, it could compete for being their best album (but the vocals would make Q win outright).

So you know what I'm hoping for in terms of the upcoming album.

5,000+ you mean.

In terms of production, TOD, TAC & Q are for the win. If Empiricism had Q's production, it could compete for being their best album (but the vocals would make Q win outright).

So you know what I'm hoping for in terms of the upcoming album.

lets hope you never become a producer:lol:

Erm, I find it really hard to come up with things to discuss about the new album. We have no idea what its going to sound like, and the news about it is scarce. All we know is that it will be metal and two old members are back. Other then that, its just a waiting game.

That's a great idea, it works out great for people who only post in the Borknagar forum too..... oh wait.....

How do you know? Maybe they'll do some crazy electronic a la new Solefald :rolleyes: :p .

Oystein and Asgeir have stated it numerous times on here and on interviews. Of course we know it won't just be any ordinary metal. :headbang: