The Rectum Satans - Number II

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
The Rectum Satans - Number II
Self-released - 2005
By Philip Whitehouse

um.gif

I have to admit, I'm beginning to like these guys, in spite of myself. In the wake of the untrammelled drubbing I gave these self-styled purveyors of unique genre 'brown metal' a few months back, I receive their second excretion of feculence-obsessed 'music' complete with a note reading 'Thanks for the support Ultimate Metal!'.

So, once again, we have woefully underproduced, presumably parodic 'brown metal', consisting of lyrics about shit and the process of shitting in all its many possible permutations, wrapped around songs that defy categorisation. 'Heum' is drum machine death metal complete with palm muted riffage and screams. 'Movement 3' is bizarre, Casio keyboard-style Kraftwerk-esque oddness. 'Bidet or Beknight' combines free form spacey lead work with simplistic drum loops and subsonic vocals. It goes on in this vein for six tracks, varying between metal-based tracks that sound as though they could be excellent given a full band and a decent production and annoying, widdly electronic irritations that make listening to the whole EP a chore.

Now, while I freely admit I may well have missed the point first time round, there still isn't anything that could make me willingly listen to 'Number II' or it's predecessor again after writing this review. However, advocates of tongue-in-cheek, DIY piss-take music may well want to contact Polyp of Pazuzu for a copy, since I believe he's giving them away free. Which is useful really, since expecting people to pay for this would be quite... well... shitty.

0/10 or 10/10 (depending on your sense of irony and resistance to crappy production).

Official The Rectum Satans Website