The Rectum Satans - S/T

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
The Rectum Satans - S/T
Luciferic Enema Records - 2005
Philip Whitehouse

RS.jpg

Brown metal, ay? That's what The Rectum Satans claim to play, and from the five woefully-underproduced tracks on this EP, the genre seems to consist of two talented but smug musicians wrapping lyrics about shit around patience-testing songs lampooning other styles of music. Hence 'Hem Royd' is a cover of Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall' but re-worked to 'Another Turd In The Bowl'. 'Corpulence, Crapulence, Intestine' is a dodgy exercise in looped programmed drums, subsonic distorted growls and improvised solos...

Sorry, I can't even be bothered describing this any more. The production is even worse than the crap I knock together with my Guitarport and PC, the staggeringly unfunny shit obsession rapidly becomes as painfully grating as the pitch-shifted helium vocals overlayed on the regular singer's voice, and the whole disc comes off as a contrived attempt to be smugly ironic, succeeding only in pissing off a listener who rapidly becomes suspicious that the band are laughing at them.

Shit.

3/10

Rectum Satans Official Website