Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters

opeth9999

Dec 23, 2001
Muskegon, MI
Visit site
I was wondering what religion all of you are or aren’t. If other plaese tell what on thread. I am a Atheist I think it would wierd to see other Opeth fans are. I have never really heard to much discussion of God or Satan or Religion for that matter on this board.

Well I'm glad no one warships the Devil. Cause I think that's the stupidest think you can do. Explaintion… if you warship the devil that means that you believe in God, which also means that you believe in heavan and hell. In warshiping the devil that means that you automatically go to hell. Witch means that you will be in pain and suffering forever, or untill your soul crackles up and turns to ash, wich will never happend.

This will happend unless you happend to be that one lucky bastard that happend to destroy heaven some how or another, which is something that can't happend either and I choose not to explain, cause I've already writedn enough.

This is a stupid poll... you cant have a religion poll with 3 options.. especially the three options you give - only a section of catholicism, atheist without agnostic, and SATANIST??? what about jewish? muslim? etc etc... Have you actually swallowed the whole "metalheads are satanists" public image?
(dont worry, that probably sounds more bastardy than its meant to...)

so i wont even bother voting 'other'... anyway, im agnostic... if you look up some history here you'll find some great religion threads and see that there are people here of almost every religion (well from a lot of them anyway) but most are agnostic or atheist.

edit:
Originally posted by opeth9999
I have never really heard to much discussion of God or Satan or Religion for that matter on this board.
A quick search through Satori's msg history will direct you to all the past religion threads (hehe, he cant resist talking in any thread that mentions religion), there are heaps of them, theres probably been 5 religion threads in the past week.... but way back in the beginning there was a thread "Do you believe in god?" where most people stated there religion and there hasnt really been a thread like that until this one. So if you are really interested in reading about our religious beliefs then that would be a good read for you, but its uhhh a bit uhhh long.

Well I thought that I would make a poll to see what people say. I think there has ever been a TRUE satanist. There are a lot of band that make Satanic lyrics but if you read a lot of the interviews with the people in the bands you will find out that nobody in the band is a Satanist for example Dimmu Borgir pose as Satanistbut Galder says he is Atheist and the rest of the band to. I have talf to Galder on-line and he said that he would never waste is his time on god or satan because he belives in neither. None of them would follow the Satanic Bible that's what I mean by TRUE satanist.

YaYoGakk, If you did not notice I put down other meaning Jewish, Muslim and any other I did feel like typeing out every single kind or type of religion there is I wanted to know what people would say seeing that I know more than half of the Americian public are Christian I wanted to know how many Opeth fans would say or Admit of being Christian. and since I have been on which as been Dec. 2001 I have never heard but one post about Religion.

if you warship the devil that means that you believe in God, which also means that you believe in heavan and hell
Opth_101, i really dont agree with that. This is why: If you worship Lucifer, you dont believe IN God (the "good" God), and also you would consider Lucifer your God. Also, some people just believe in "darker" forces and dont believe in anything like heaven or the "good" God. Well, thats what i think. so, goodbye.
-Derek

do a search on the word 'religion' (the search thingy is at the bottom of the main Opeth screen). I just did it and it returned something like 66 threads.

There are religion threads all the time, guess you just missed them :)

Originally posted by Apocalyptic

Opth_101, i really dont agree with that. This is why: If you worship Lucifer, you dont believe IN God (the "good" God), and also you would consider Lucifer your God.

I think what he meant by "belive in god" was "believe god exists", rather than "worship god". To believe in Satan, you must accept god exists (seeing as how it was god that created him and all......)

Other one of the main things I posted this was to here a Satanist point of view on Religion I have never got into a discussion over religion with a satanist I think it would very intresting to see what they would have to say to defend there religion. But I gusse that's just me.