THE RODS Joined By Ex-MANOWAR Guitarist ROSS THE BOSS On Stage In Brooklyn (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Old-school classic heavy metal power trio THE RODS was joined onstage by legendary MANOWAR co-founding guitarist Ross "The Boss" Friedman during the band's June 18 headline show at St. Vitus Bar in Brooklyn, New York. THE RODS drummer Carl Canedy said: "The first time Ross and I played together in MANOWAR, it was like we'd been playing together for years. It was the same feeling being on stage again with him at St Vitus Bar. Ross jumped in as if he'd been a member of THE RODS from day one. The crowd went nuts... they love him! I can never say enough about how honest, kind and amazingly talented Ross The Boss is. The guy is a legend! " Ross added: "When Carl asked me to sit in with THE RODS at St Vitus Bar, it took me a nanosecond to say yes. THE RODS are a great band and Carl is my longtime friend and original MANOWAR drummer. Needless to say, it was a great night!" THE RODS recently inked a worldwide deal with Steamhammer/SPV. The group — consisting of original members David "Rock" Feinstein (guitar, vocals), Carl Canedy (drums) and Garry Bordonaro (bass) — will release its new album, "Louder Than Loud", later this year. THE RODS is a classic heavy metal trio that rocked its way through the '80s with classic albums like "The Rods", "Wild Dogs" and "In The Raw", featuring a powerful, raw energy that led them to share the stages with some of today's greatest metal bands, including JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN and METALLICA.
therodssaintvitusbar.jpg
rossthebosscarlcanedy.jpg

Continue reading...