The Singer - live

voodoo

A little left of heaven
Jan 18, 2006
Frederick, MD
www.livingformetal.com
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy23YrUMkG8&feature=related[/ame]

Love this song guys - you kicked a$$. Clay, you really nailed that note around 2:08 in.....sweet stuff all around. And again around 7:47. Sheesh....

Fantastic job on a great song. Actually all the stuff on youtube from this show are top notch. Even though I was only able to find five of the eight (?) that were numbered. That "MountainKingMV" did an awesome job.

Fantastic job on a great song. Actually all the stuff on youtube from this show are top notch. Even though I was only able to find five of the eight (?) that were numbered. That "MountainKingMV" did an awesome job.

That was one of my favorite shows!

The other three songs we played were off the upcoming album. I'm planning to release an update on Sunday regarding its progress.

That was one of my favorite shows!

The other three songs we played were off the upcoming album. I'm planning to release an update on Sunday regarding its progress.

Nice, Gregg :) You've said before that you dislike playing live, but you looked to be enjoying yourself up there. That's the way it should be, right?
Howcome you enjoyed this one? Proper sound both on and off stage?

Looking forward to the update tomorrow! :)

Nice, Gregg :) You've said before that you dislike playing live, but you looked to be enjoying yourself up there. That's the way it should be, right?
Howcome you enjoyed this one? Proper sound both on and off stage?

Looking forward to the update tomorrow! :)

It's not that I dislike playing live, but I much prefer recording. A flubbed chord, a botched rhythm, or a broken string would ruin the show for me, as in a recording environment, I get another chance. I think I would like playing live a lot more if the standard for recordings wasn't so high. In a way, perfectly polished recordings ruined live performances because everyone's (the listeners' as well as the performers') expectations need to be met.

Also, a lot is just my personality. In all aspects of life I prefer to be able to concentrate and slowly create something rather than be put on the spot. When given the choice between writing a paper or taking a test, the paper would be a no-brainer for me. In an Honors English class in high school, a lot of our grade was based on performance on graded discussions; I panicked and instead wrote the teacher a paper with my thoughts because I couldn't immediately formulate cohesive thoughts.

That specific show was more enjoyable because the sound was great (helped me know what song we were playing), we were very well rehearsed (helped reduce errors), and the audience seemed to be enjoying themselves (helped me relax). The whole atmosphere of the night was professional and positive.

I just realized how strange it was for us to perform three unreleased songs at this show. That was so daring!

I understand what you're saying, but to me part of the charm of a live performance is that unpolished-ness. The fact that you can hear if the guitar player is actually good cos he can repeat the solo, that you can hear the singer hit that perfect high note, etc. I don't mind if things aren't played to perfection or exactly as it's played on the album, as long as I can see that the people I support are worth it. I guess it's a matter of perspective as well, since you know exactly how the songs are supposed to be played and probably have a better ear for it than I do cos of your professional involvement in music.

Either way, it was nice to see you guys enjoying yourselves in those vids :) Looking forward to the next time I'll get to see you live!