The song that got u into guitar

For me, it was old Kiss songs, especially off the 'Creatures of the night' album, which was much heavier than the others. I always loved the sound of the rhythm guitars on that one - I never cared much for the "meedly-meedly" stuff.

Apart from that, the guitar sound that really blew me away was Hetfield's on "Justice". Yes, I know...that album is poorly mixed, but the guitar sound is good IMO - extremely scooped, punchy and at your throat. At this point I really started working on technique. From the same era, "Nightfall" by Candlemass also has great guitar sounds.

Then when Metallica went mainstream (black album) I turned to Slayer. I always hated their guitar sound but admired their playing.

It wasn't until I heard Yngwie that I got interested in leads. =P

Corrosion Of Conformity's Damned For All Time.I was listening to a metal show on the radio when that came on.I went nuts.That was the pivotal moment in my life when i wanted to sell my soul.Before that it was Anthrax that got me into wanting to play on their Among The Living release.They were the first band that i was fanatical about.

hehe, I think that 80 percent of todays young guitarist got into it with metallica.

For me it was almost the same as with Sunbane.
It was "Eye of the behoulder" that made me crazy about heavy palm-muted guitar sounds. I also was only interested in the rhythm guitars. Then I started to listen to good old Yngwie. So i started to like the freakin classical lead things.

Pinhead: Yeah! I remember rehearsing EotB over and over again, just because it felt so damn good. =)

I must add that like union9, CoC's "Blind" album was a huge influence on me as well. The verse riff in "Mine are the eyes of god" blew me away big-time and I spent a good deal of time getting it down just perfect. =)

Oh man...

Many songs got me into the guitar. Many Guns N' Roses songs turned me onto the guitar. A lot of Edge of Sanity, too.

It was a coke commercial about ten yrs. ago with this guy playing an awesome solo with a coke bottle. I told my parents that if they'd get me a guitar I'd learn the solo from the com. I still haven't. Besides the commercial hasn't been on for about nine yrs...

I had wanted to play guitar for a long time because it looked really cool, and I thought it would be great to be able to be like those guys I saw on music videos. lame, but inspiration has to start somehwere!

As far as I can remember, Vai's video of "For The love of God" made me want to play guitar. But then again, i also remember Paul Gilbert's intro to "Green Tinted Sixties mind" as being one of the most mind-blowing things I had heard at the time, and wished I could do that.

Iron Maiden made me want to be steve harris, but then my friend started playing bass so I learnt guitar instead and idolised Dave Murray :D

ALso megadeth's Rust in Piece and Paradise Lost Icon :)

Then again, I'd wanted to play since 3years of age and my parents never took me seriously...

when i listened to nu metal i decided i wanted to take up playing the guitar but i quickly got bored but when i started listenin to cradle of filth and bodom etc it inspired me greatly to improve my guitar playing.