The Sunday Paper, Jon Allen, & The Black Hole

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
While in line(in our cars & trucks), at last Sunday's AFC Championship, in the early morning hours:
A paper boy walked by & was selling The Sunday Paper, & myself wanting something to read, gave the kid a buck. Of course the Sports section was huge, & a special issue. The back page of the Sports section, folded out into a big 2 page blow up of "The Black Hole", in the EndZone of the Oakland Coliseum. Thats the section well known for : devoted dressed up fans in costumes, heavy drinking, fans(Men & women) yelling curse words at the top of there lungs, its more like a gang of rowdy hooligans dressed in all in black, anyway you get the picture. The blow up showed the heads of everyone during The Jets Playoff game, facing the game field. To my surprise & then delight, I could find Jon Allen, & his wife Crystal. Easy to spot. Jon having Viking like features with blond hair, & Crystal having bright red hair, Jon looking intently at the game, & the wife with a beer to her lips. I saved the section for them, & other friends have followed suit. In fact Jon & Chuck are two of the biggest Raider fans I've ever meet, they eat breath & sweat Raider Football. Both are season ticket holders, Jon being on one side of the stadium, & Chuck the opposite side, in a little mellower section, with his wife in tow, also a Raider fan from birth. Both other Steve's in Testament, are also die hard Raider fans, but watch most of the action on TV. And of course theirs Eric, who flip flops back & forth, being a 49er fan, through the Montana & Young championships, & now a Raider fan for the last few good Raider seasons. Jon is heading to the Super Bowl this weekend, with a Childhood friend who won the tickets through the lottery & decided to take Jon Allen. Cheers Brandon!
As for being excited Jon is still in shock, just getting word that he's going to the big dance. Jon also said that his daughter Trista, is doing steadily better & getting stronger as time goes on, as has just recently been able to go back to school. And finally his family is getting back to normal. He & his family I know, wish to thank everyone for your thoughts & prayers. Jon Allen is also very extemely happy to be back playing, the testament live shows coming up over the next couple of weeks. And were all glad, he's back, while having a great drummer like Johnny Tempesta, step in to help the band with the recent Mini-Tour, was wonderful. I think we all relaized that we missed the having "The Viking king", with us, he's a big part of the Testament Family, & great friend.

fucking cool news,
will he be playing the no mercy festival in april?

nice one,
dom