Oct 7, 2002
The Ulimate Sabbath Reunion was not the last 3 we've
seen. It's Ozzy, Ronnie Dio and Tony Martin all performing
with Sabbath, like a chronoligical thing. An hour with Ozzy,
the second hour with Ronnie Dio. Tony Martin-era opens
the show.

Now that would be badass.

-OfficerNice

What about Ian, he did an album with Sabbath? Saw them on that tour, but nothing better than having Ozzy & Ronnie, together
with Sabbath. I had an oppurtunity to see Dio a couple of times this summer. And he took the time to talk to me and answer some of my question's. I told him Heaven & Hell was my favorite Sabbath album, & asked him if he ever would consider doing another one(down the road). That peaked his interest, he paused & got a funny look on his face, & kindly said oh, No, I don't ever think that could happen. But I said, never say never......And he laughed & talked about that period in his musical life. I got the impression, he did not have a good time, touring that last Dehumanizer album. But he did say that he really thought it was a good album. All the while drinking his wine, & taking the time to visit with everyone around him. I have to say, he one of the class acts in all Rock N' Roll, always super nice. Not only remembering the guys in Testament & Exodus(they did seperate tours with Ronnie & Black Sabbath), but also the names of their wives.........He's a great role model & singer.......

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
What about Ian, he did an album with Sabbath?

>Yeah but I always forget that one :)
....I didn't dig on it. But you're right....

Saw them on that tour, but nothing better than having Ozzy & Ronnie, together
with Sabbath. I had an oppurtunity to see Dio
<truncated>
.He's a great role model & singer.......

Now this is a great story! Right on Dude!

"...All Your Life, It's Heaven and Hell" -Dio, Last in Live.

I agree with Deadly, Dio is a super awesome guy.
I have always loved the Dio Sabbath albums the best. The Dehumanizer tour was amazing aside from Tony not allowing Ronnie to sing more of the Sabbath songs he recorded and having him sing way too many Ozzy tunes. All we got from Mob Rules was the title track!!!! Argghhhh!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!
Those guys just do NOT get along. I knew when I heard an interview with the 2 of them one night when the album came out and they were getting ready to tour that it wasnt going to last. In fact the tension was so high I was almost certain the tour would be cancelled, fortunetely it went on!
Ive met Dio and he is one of the coolest people you will meet.
One day several years ago he walked off the bus behind the venue and I approached him to sign some records. He shook my hand and told me he'd be glad to as soon as he did his sound check. He said "Ill be back out here in an hour"
Well about 30 minutes later he emerged from the back door of the venue and some kid ran up to him with a stack of cds to be signed. Dio said "sure but I promised"..... and he scanned the area until he saw me standing quite a distance away, pointed to me and said...."him first". He walked over to me and saw the huge collection Sabbath / Dio albums and 12" singles, tour books, and a poster. I told him I didnt expect him to sign everything I just wanted to show him what a big fan I was. He said "Oh, I'll sign them all for you!" and he did just that. He even signed 2 of the tour books twice! We took some pics and then I met a guy named "Lug" who was working for Dio. If anyone is a huge VENOM fan you will recognize his name. He worked with VENOM from day one, very cool guy who shared a ton of Venom stories with me. Anyway, I'm WAY getting off on a tangent now so Ill stop here LOL
Oh by the way, I also agree with Deadly about the Born Again album. That was the last killer Sabbath album before Dehumanizer!