The wake

Animal

Nov 18, 2003
Dark side of the moon
Visit site
First off i'd like to say i just received Invisible and have to say men my hat goes off to you, this is brilliant. A good mix of heavy, rock and soft, and dans voice sounds relaxed and comfortable. my fave track, the wake, which raises the question , in the song book it says that it was written by maxis Widar who? is this a coversong or just a firends lyrics?
Either way still impressive.

Finally someone made a thread about this song, it's fucking amazing!!! Along with Stalingrad and Atlantis Rising, this song is my new favorite Nightingale track, it's just soooo....I don't know, it's like really got this thing where it makes you just want to get out and do something.

Damn awesome lyrics in this song, and the simplicity of the song is another thing that makes it so good.

Shoots neckless lobster :loco:
Yeah, This and stalingrad are my favourite songs. Also been listening to Raincheck, and have to ask, maturity in metal lyrics, what is the world coming to. jokes aside I like this, and can actually feel the pain of the character, although not medically dying nor know anyone who is, i have felt the pain, the wish for hope.

I agree on the issue of mature lyrics. My favorite lyrics on the album are "Eternal Misery" - awesome! The contrast with the upbeat/happy music is really cool.

Must say I did breathe a HUGE sigh of relief when I saw Dan wasn't, in fact, responsible, for the "I'm taking the fate out of fatal..." line in "Still alive". as great as that tune is, I wince in pain every time that line comes around. :)

The Neckless Lobster said:
Must say I did breathe a HUGE sigh of relief when I saw Dan wasn't, in fact, responsible, for the "I'm taking the fate out of fatal..." line in "Still alive". as great as that tune is, I wince in pain every time that line comes around. :)
I've said from the beginning that Still Alive is a bit of a crap song; I say this mostly for the lyrics. All positive/happy/bullshit/icky. Hehehe.

Man, how can you say you don't like those cheesy/happy lyrics, it's one of the things I listen to Nightingale for!!!! Every other song sounds like it came out of the cheese factory, but that's definitely what brings me back to listening every time!