The Warriors

spitzs lazy eye

Look me in the eye!!!
May 20, 2005
Has anybody seen The Warriors directors cut? If so, I would like to hear your opinions on which you like better?

I really dug the whole Comic book transistion thing added. It gives it more of that other worldy/alternate reality feel that I think the film had plenty of to begin with....ya know, that Escape From New York vibe...

ThraxDude said:
I read the videogame is pretty cool.
I'm playing it at the moment. Truly a terrific game. Starts of at about 73 days before the big meeting. Story is great and the violence is even better.:D I'm surprised it's only M rated.

spitzs lazy eye said:
Has anybody seen The Warriors directors cut? If so, I would like to hear your opinions on which you like better?

There's only one scene different...And if you've seen it on regular T.V. you
saw the scene. It's in the beginning where Cleon is picking the seven Warriors who he wants to go with him to the meeting.
That's it!! No extended fight scenes, violence, nothing!! It's actually quite a rip off!!

T_man357 said:
saw the scene. It's in the beginning where Cleon is picking the seven Warriors who he wants to go with him to the meeting.
That's it!! No extended fight scenes, violence, nothing!! It's actually quite a rip off!!
I think you expected a lot more which is understandable. That scene still isn't in the movie. It doesn't belong. The 1 hour doco is worth the price alone which makes up for the lack of commentary. IMO still the same movie with a new edge. anyway, Warrior lovers check out this site:

http://www.warriorsmovie.co.uk/

That's an awesome site!!!
Thanks for the link...

spitzs lazy eye said:
I think you expected a lot more which is understandable. That scene still isn't in the movie. It doesn't belong. The 1 hour doco is worth the price alone which makes up for the lack of commentary. IMO still the same movie with a new edge. anyway, Warrior lovers check out this site:

http://www.warriorsmovie.co.uk/

T_man357 said:
Is that it??? I've already got that on video from when I taped it off TV a few years back. Think I'll spend my money elsewhere.