THE WILDHEARTS Frontman GINGER Launches ROUND RECORDS RECORDS

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Round Records Records is the new record label from THE WILDHEARTS frontman Ginger (real name David Walls) — a home for HEY! HELLO!, MUTATION, live albums and DVDs from THE WILDHEARTS and more. It's arguably Ginger's most ambitious project to date; moving from stand-alone individual releases to a fully fledged record label. PledgeMusic has partnered with Ginger and Round Records Records for fans to pre-order new releases and access a host of extra and exclusive offers. Ginger and PledgeMusic have history. In August 2011, Ginger launched his triple album project via PledgeMusic. The pitch was to record a 30-song triple album and the campaign met with immediate success, hitting 100% of the funding target within six hours of launching. The resulting album released in 2012 in single and triple album format was a huge success for Ginger and won him the Classic Rock magazine "Event Of The Year" award. Subsequent projects with PledgeMusic have delivered equally stunning results; the last one being a book titled "Songs & Words", which featured archive photos and the stories behind Ginger's songs as only Ginger could tell them. To start things, the Round Records Records launch includes the following: * HEY! HELLO - "Hey! Hello! Too!" album (released June 3) * THE WILDHEARTS - "PHUQ Live" (released July 1) * GINGER WILDHEART - solo album box set (released August 5) * MUTATION - "Mutation III" album (released September 2) Says Ginger: "Round Records allows me to further explore what can be achieved using the direct-to-fan formula. "My last project was a fan club, something that I had always enjoyed as a kid. When I realized that a lot of people didn't even know what a fan club was, the logical next step was to introduce a record label whose logo was as iconic and the music it releases. "Growing up with Stiff, Sub Pop and Def Jam, I always loved the idea of a 'fair' record company, but I've had precious little personal experience in record companies being anything more than a smokescreen run by corporate suits with very little understanding let alone love for the music. This time around I'm the boss, and this boss is all about the music."

Continue reading...